PDA

View Full Version : AQs

TheHip41
11-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

I was a little unsure how to proceed. I didn't want to raise because I have no draw and no pair, but, I didn't want to fold for 1SB after raising preflop, that seemed weak, but calling seemed bad too. What's everyone's play on the flop here?

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

CWsports
11-04-2004, 09:04 AM
I count 3 outs to the A but the As puts 3 spades on the board. I'd say you have about 2.5 outs. I fold this on the flop.

Vern
11-04-2004, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

...Folds. Only a few players at this level really pay attention to your image, and folding here will do more to earn those observer's respect than over calling the flop then folding the turn. You have nothing and a draw to just about nothing, 1-1.5 outs count for aces as outs. You are wasting money to not look weak when in effect calling the bet then folding the turn when it is HU is what makes you look weakest.

chesspain
11-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Fold the flop, especially given the intervening caller.

Fiddler
11-04-2004, 09:28 AM
I'd call if the board had a diamond, without it I'm gone.

spamuell
11-04-2004, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't always fold this flop. If you have a read on the BB, it can be a raise, if you know they check-raise pairs and bet draws in the hope of threebetting, for example. Against unknowns, it's a fold.

How would you have proceeded if the flop had been:

2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif?

What about:

2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif?

What about:

3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

I think when you flop overcards with AQ and someone bets into you, and the pot is big, because you raised pre-flop, it's much harder to know what to do.