PDA

View Full Version : How tight do you have to play?

12-14-2001, 11:11 PM
In Holdem i am able to play many more hands in various positions than in omaha. I asked someone what are the most profitable hands in omaha and he said A2xx, A3xx and A4xx. I am not sure about the A4xx, what other hands should you include in your starting hands (high hands or low hands)....

And if you follow good starting hands selection how many hands do you expect to play in every 10 hands.

Thankyou in advance

Michael

12-15-2001, 01:27 AM
Hasn't anybody tried to produce hand rakings for Omaha8 similar to the Hold'em hands?

I understand that the number of starting hands in Omaha is considerably larger than Hold'em but it's still finite. It can be done even if it's created by nothing other than a simulator.

12-15-2001, 11:00 PM
even A3 with nothing else is a problem hand, you'll just see A2 too many times to warrant playing it without ANYthing else. even if all the help that this hand has is a suited ace then it might be playable. remember with A3XX you are playing for half the pot and don't even have the nuts for that many times.

PS. never play A4XX except maybe as a blind vs blind hand, and if this comes up a lot find a easier game to beat

12-16-2001, 01:33 PM
since you are talking about high low----se my second post right above this