PDA

View Full Version : $5-10 hand

Michael Davis
11-04-2004, 07:12 AM
The button is a psycho whose play makes no sense. The BB plays way too many hands way too far. The CO is decent. I am really the SB and the supposed poster is the BB.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG (poster) calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

imitation
11-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Over aggressive me wants to bet the turn, but in reality check/folding this turn is probably right, 2 callers on a not particularly co-ordinated board you have to figure someone for a Q or a 9. Even after its checked through i'd be wary of calling a river bet.

RED_RAIN
11-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Given your player descriptions, I'm not sure even this flop play is the best, as you want 3 others to fold with a button who will likely not go away and the BB who will call on draws or any pair.

Michael Davis
11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
I was calling a river bet from the BB and raising the button.

-Michael

Nate tha' Great
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
You should certainly bet the turn. A hand like 9x will sometimes fold and a free card is fairly disasterous. Plus you don't have enough hand to worry about having to get pushed out by a raise.

Michael Davis
11-04-2004, 08:45 AM
You just fixed a big hole in my game. Thanks.

-Michael

theBruiser500
11-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Hm, is this flop raise standard? There are 3 people between you and the preflop better that might have checked a good hand to him because he's the preflop raiser, and then there is the preflop bettor himself, so that's 4 people you need to worry about.

There are two cards that give overpairs and the board appears pretty coordinated to me. You might get some drawing hands that stay in against you too, and they aren't big underdogs either, two overcards and some straight outs. They could semibluff you at some point (whether it be raising your bet, or just betting if you check). I'd just fold on the flop.