PDA

View Full Version : Hellmuth Book Tour

beanie
11-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Didn't notice this until it was almost too late, so I figured I would post upcoming stops.

http://www.harpercollins.com/authorevents.asp?ACT=AuthorEvents&EAuthorID=21294

11-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Oh, I'm so glad you posted that... I would hate myself if Phil was 40 minutes away and I didn't go say hi!

Gavin Griffin

p.s. I'm being completely serious, btw

Shilly
11-04-2004, 06:35 PM
He's in Madison tonight playing in that tournament. He's going to the University Bookstore at 6:00 if anyone is interested. Tournament is from 7:00-10:00 (I think) in the On Wisconsin room in the Red Gym.

nolanfan34
11-04-2004, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I'm so glad you posted that... I would hate myself if Phil was 40 minutes away and I didn't go say hi!

Gavin Griffin

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you. Flashing bracelet #10 in front of him would be fun. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RavenJackson
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
I flipped through this book and thought it looked interesting. It appears to be "war stories". My only hesitation in purchasing the book is the front cover has a pretty awful photo of Hellmuth in a cheesy staged poker setting.

I may still buy it, but I will read it in private [or covered by a plain brown wrapper].

jedi
11-04-2004, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Gavin Griffin

[/ QUOTE ]

You should wear a shirt that says: "I kicked Phil Hellmuth's ass and all I got was this T-shirt... and $270,000!!!"

That'll bring in the chicks.

Shilly
11-04-2004, 08:40 PM
I just met Phil. He showed up to the bookstore, and talked with family and some of his poker buddies from back in the day for about 30 minutes. Then he gave a quick introduction of his new book, and allowed for two (wretchedly stupid and worthless) questions, which were:

1. How did you come up with your "Top Ten Starting Hands"?
2. How do you feel about moving the ME to the Rio next year?

He then proceeded to sign books (he signed one for me and one of my friends), and I got a picture with him. Overall, I was dissapointed that he didn't have time to get into real poker discussion, but he does seem like a class act and it was nice of him to take the time to do something like this, especially in his hometown.