PDA

View Full Version : 1) They tryin to get they ones, I'm tryin to get them M's

mmbt0ne
11-04-2004, 04:17 AM
I'm working on getting this downswing of mine to quit before 100BB, and in honor of that, I'm making my own Jay-Z song lyrics threads. However, all my lyrics will be from Blueprint, not The Black Album, since it was a better cd.

The pre-flop raising standards were pretty low at this table. I saw AXs getting raised, as well as plenty of QTo and the like.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="green">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="green">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Looking back, I think this might be one of those cap or fold situations.

Flop: (16 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

I check this flop, with complete intention of folding if anyone bets.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="green">Button raises</font>, <font color="green">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="green">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

It's looking like a pretty solid split right now, but QK is always a possibility.

River: (24 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, <font color="green">UTG raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="green">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="green">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

UTG jumping into the mix here really bothers me. I don't know if I can lay it down however, especially considering the size of the pot.

Final Pot: 36 BB

TBone
11-04-2004, 05:18 AM
You should be routinely laying down AQo to a 3-bet--even if you're in the SB. Capping w/ AQo against two people who have already raised is not very good poker--not to mention you're out of position to everyone at the table. Many people suggest not even calling raises w/ AQo, let alone a re-raise by a different player than originally raised. You're hand is likely dominated and you could be way behind to a big pair as well. So the decision should not be fold/cap, it should be fold.

Since you did call, you've gotta call the flop. You've got a double gutshot that give you six outs, likely mostly clean. You've got another two outs for hearts which would then give you the nut flush draw. You've got overcards that aren't completely clean, but may not have been clean from the start. Anyway, calling one bet on the flop is definitely worthwhile with your six outs.

Turn's fine, river looks like you could be beat, but in a pot that big I think calling down is +EV.

T

Vern
11-04-2004, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The pre-flop raising standards were pretty low at this table. I saw AXs getting raised, as well as plenty of QTo and the like.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="green">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="green">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Looking back, I think this might be one of those cap or fold situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but what did you see get re-raised with? That is 2.5 bets to you, could be capped and you are likely dominated by at least one of the players and in the worst position. Unless you have both UTG+1 and BTN pegged as maniacs you fold. If you have them both pegged as maniacs I think you still fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (16 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet it, you have two overcards 1.5 outs for the aces, 1 for the queens since they can make someone a one card straight. (2.5 total). A backdoor flush draw to the nut flush (figure 1.5 outs) and 3 outs to the nuts and the 4th king, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, leaves you in position to redraw so I count it as 3.5-4 outs for the kings. The 9's are worth about 2 total so you have around 10 outs, this is the time to bet the flop. Even if you get raised and everyone else folds, you are getting 9:1 on your flop money on a 3.70:1 draw just on the turn. Of course, if you are playing against me, please feel free to fold here for one bet on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="green">Button raises</font>, <font color="green">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="green">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

It's looking like a pretty solid split right now, but QK is always a possibility.

River: (24 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero bets</font>, <font color="green">UTG raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="green">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="green">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

UTG jumping into the mix here really bothers me. I don't know if I can lay it down however, especially considering the size of the pot.

Final Pot: 36 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be accused of being weak here but the board pairs and hits a three flush, albiet a runner-runner. You bet and get raised and re-raised, what hands do that on this board? I think you can fold to two back to you on this river, even though you only have to be wrong 1 in 15 times to make it cost you money, I just don't think you are. Unless you have a LAG (button maybe?), but UTG is still making me worried. I think UTG filled up his 98s and wants the flushes and the straights to pay off calling in this huge pot.

CWsports
11-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Fold this one preflop. If it were AQs and the hand was multiway (4 or 5 others coming along) then I would call the extra 2.5 SB.

TheHip41
11-04-2004, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? This is a huge pot and you have a huge draw. Folding would be horrifical.

Flop of 8TJ 2 hearts. You have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Qx

Any K gives you a straight, and 9 gives you a straight, and running hearts gives you a flush, and an A "might" be good enough. You are super weak if you fold this for 1 SB ont he flop. If it were me, I'd either bet, or c/r this flop.

The real question is, why are you in this hand at all post flop. It really doesn't matter how loose the table is, when it's raised, and re-raised preflop, what hands do you think the re raiser has that AQo does well against? Most people here fold AQo to a single raise from a tight opponent. Bad preflop call leads to you losing lots and lots of chips to better hands

mmbt0ne
11-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Alright, everyone is seeing these things except me, which is why I'm plastering hands up here right now. Obviously I'm a moron. Either way, UTG's A/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif took the pot. Without him in, it would've been a split, we both had Q's.