PDA

View Full Version : Proper application of aggression?

MrBruno
11-04-2004, 01:57 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)
<font color="green">
No real read on SB.
</font>
Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.
<font color="green">
I'm thinking here that I need to raise to see where I'm at..
</font>
Final Pot: 4 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 3.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Aaron W.
11-04-2004, 02:08 AM
That's fine. It's heads up with a blind. If he only calls, bet the turn, but check behind on the river. Fold to a turn check-raise. If he bets the river, go with your gut (call/fold).

I see you're on Paradise... that happens a lot there. Make a note of who it was who did it, and watch for other times where he might take a blind stab at the pot. But next time, if you have top pair or better, just call him down. You'll make more that way.

The rationale (as far as I can understand it) is that there are a lot of players who will call the flop, call the turn, then fold the river. The idea that they have is to push those guys around, but give up if they push back. Of course, they don't pay too much attention to who they try that against, and against you they lose big.