PDA

View Full Version : Outs question (not sure if it belongs in probability)

anyjack
11-04-2004, 01:37 AM
After the Flop, a nut inside straight draw and nothing else is 4 outs and the odds of hitting it by river is ~5.1 to 1 and on the turn to river is ~10.5 to 1. So if I call on the flop, when there is 6 small bets assuming everything equal, is this right? Or is there some adjustment that I need to make? Should I only call if I am getting around 8 small bets on average situations? I am finding out that usually if I don't hit it on the turn the odds do not justify the next call when everything goes up in price. Does anyone have a general adjustment on the probabilities/odds for making calling decisions on the flop. Also that your call is probably only one small bet.

A newbie poster who just bought the book Small Stakes Hold'em.

gaming_mouse
11-04-2004, 06:23 AM
You are not taking into account the future bets you will have to call when going to the river.

See p. 33, "Reverse Implied Odds"

However, you could say to yourself: "I am going to call this bet and see just the turn card. If I don't hit and someone bets, I will fold." You would not be getting proper pot odds with this strategy, but you might be getting proper implied odds.

gm