PDA

View Full Version : Heads up with a TAG part 1: AJs

StellarWind
11-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO is a TAG that I have never faced before.

We all work for MP1. He's playing almost every hand and no doubt enjoying himself. He's very passive preflop but bets his strong hands postflop. He doesn't seem to call the river without something.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks ... (intending to call).

I would have bet if the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif had turned.

Thoughts?

pokerkai
11-04-2004, 02:10 AM
I think check calling the turn is right, id hate to have to call a raise from a bigger ace.

The river is where Im debating whether check call again would be best, or if the TAG plays a big underpair the same way and is looking for a free showdown in which case popping the river would be correct. Against an unknown tag, id probably check call again on the river.

Obviously if he checks the turn its an easy river value bet.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-04-2004, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if he checks the turn its an easy river value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not always so obvious, but with certain players you can trick them into betting the river after the turn gets checked thinking you dont' have an A and you can checkraise him on the river. but its not something i'd recommend as a standard play.

bisonbison
11-04-2004, 12:11 PM
This looks standard.

The dangers of hand mining?

StellarWind
11-04-2004, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks standard.

The dangers of hand mining?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all. Don't tell anyone. I'm using a powerful and unethical tactic known as watching the table /images/graemlins/wink.gif. This enabled me to tell he was a TAG even though I have never played him before.

StellarWind
11-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Cutoff took the free card on the turn. I bet the river blank and he called with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. MHIG.

Thanks for the comments.