PDA

View Full Version : Common situation in the BB

SmileyEH
11-04-2004, 01:29 AM
How much respect in general do you give a player who open limps on the SB with yourself in the BB (asumming <10XBB stacks). I usually push with any two the first time they do it, but I'm wondering whether I should give more respect - especially for when the SB does it a couple rounds after the push.

Any thoughts?

-SmileyEH

Benholio
11-04-2004, 03:40 AM
The first time they do it, I will often just take off a flop is my hand is really bad, but I will push back with top 30-40% or so.

If I have seen them do it more than once, you can pretty much guarantee I am pushing, unless one of us is short stacked enough to take away my fold equity.

I treat limpers almost the same way, from my BB. Not quite as automatic, but going with the shutout raise very often to punish them for limping (or to pay them off for slowplaying a big pair, heh).

captZEEbo1
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
One of the problems is I see a lot of unaggressive people will complete with Ax then call a push from bb. My minimum requirement for pushing at bb is a hand that can do okay vs Ax (like a T9s or something). If they have been raising a lot from sb, then all the sudden they just limp, maybe be a little nervous.