PDA

View Full Version : agression level

theBruiser500
11-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Buttons limps, I limp, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, button calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, button calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

3 bet the turn? If he has a single spade I want to charge him as much as I can and also I want to value bet against worst hands. Having a hard time deciding when to 3 bet the turn and when to just call.

Nemesis
11-04-2004, 03:10 AM
I like the 3 bet personally. A check on the river may be better after he just called that turn. If he has a busted draw he is unlikely to call, but he may bluff. If he has a set or flush and was going to raise you on the river then you save yourself a bet by avoiding a raise you have to call, imo.

kiddo
11-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Agree about 3bet. If he is a bit aggressive he could very well wait for turn to raise his Q for toppair (even I could do and I am not that aggressive), against those players betting river is fine.

I would think about raising preflop if BB isnt loose. He is limping and you want it HU and you want to take it down on flop if noone got anything. But QJ isnt that fun if BB calls, out of position with Q high.

Trix
11-04-2004, 05:42 AM
yes, he will often raise a flushdraw on the flop, so itīs either some free SD raise or some kind of semibluff. Sometimes it will be a set, but he probably wont cap, so unless the board pairs the 5 or 7, you will only loose one more bet, but you are ahead much more often.