PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a sucker

brettbrettr
11-03-2004, 09:17 PM
but I just kept thinking, your beat but the pot is huge, youre beat but the pot is huge. Where to ditch this?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 28.75 BB

soko
11-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Being able to ditch a hand like this requires knowledge of who you are playing with. Many players will cap it till the end with top pair weak kicker. You need to pay attention to who raises with what hand. Agianst tight players, call the flop and fold after the reraise on the turn. Agaisnt fish, call till the river. I am not an expert but that is what I see when I look at that hand. And if they made a miracle straight on the river then you were just unlucky.

zephed56
11-04-2004, 06:21 AM
player reads are important here. There are some crazy fish...
I'd probably feel pretty lost on this one too. I get scared sometimes and ditch hands when I'm lost. I probably should grow some balls.

Vern
11-04-2004, 06:34 AM
More like milked, than suckered. This is a hard spot to be in, after the flop you never call more than one bet at time and the board is not coordinated enough to scare me for 1BB. Take good notes, mostly on CO. He cold called pre-flop, called three on the flop, then raised the turn when a not very scary card hit. Maybe he cold called pre-flop with AJ, but again, you never paid more than 1BB so I don't know how you get away either. The only thing I might have done differently is raise the turn and fold if it comes back two more to me then or call one. If I am re-raised on the turn, and a player bets into me on the river, I think folding the river un-improved would be ok. If I raise the turn and am not re-raised, I bet the river, call one and fold to two without reads on anyone.

77rules
11-04-2004, 09:40 AM
If I had floped a set here, this is probably how I'd have played it.