PDA

View Full Version : take the free card?

brettbrettr
11-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

In retrospect, with second pair, tink I should have bet this flop.

soko
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
With 5 people on the flop there is about a 50% chance one of them has a king. If one of them did have a king I would expect them to bet it, there would be no reason to slowplay it. So it being checked all the way to you would be a good signal to bet. Looks like SB is trying to steal the pot when he sees nobody else bet.

Shillx
11-03-2004, 09:39 PM
What do you make of the SB bet after the flop is checked around. Checking makes later streets harder to play.
By betting the flop you get an idea of how good your hand is if someone checkraises or fires away on the turn.

In this hand, I would be inclined to call down assuming that my hand is good a fair % of the time.

Brad

Piiop
11-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Uh, you should most definitely bet the flop. You're not taking a free card here, you're giving one. That's bad.

TheHip41
11-03-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, with second pair, tink I should have bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No **** /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Preflop: Goooood

Flop: Weeeeaaaak

Turn: Weaker

Ugly hand

brettbrettr
11-04-2004, 10:24 AM
After passing on the flop bet, I got pissed at myself for playing this hand so poorly. That's why I mucked the turn.

I just played this one so very badly, wanted it to end /images/graemlins/crazy.gif