PDA

View Full Version : Kojak Would not be Proud

Festus22
11-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Decent night for a change but this one stick in my crawl. Is this one the dreaded "misplayed on every street"?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Raise the flop?
Gotta raise the turn, right?
Call the river?
Could make a case for a PF raise as well.
I guess that's every street!

IndieMatty
11-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Limping is fine, because you can withstand a raise.

I would raise the turn. get MP3 out and...check through on the river? (not quite sure) If he 3 bets I can fold the river.

Your line, I'd probably call the river to keep him honest.

Yeknom58
11-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Limp or raise in EP after one limper..blah whatever.

On the flop I think this is a must raise situation. You would be really happy if MP3 folds and mattering on the action you would be more than happy to take a free card on the turn.

I'm not a big fan of a turn raise as it likely doesn't fold a Q and wait a minute...you still only have K high.

You played it like such a wimp and with MP3 in there you kinda have to fold on the river, calling is just crazy, and raising...hmmm I might pull this once in a while.