PDA

View Full Version : no set no bet- should i have obeyed it here?

slydeni
11-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

***No reads except hand before this one my villain semi bluffed from bb with 83 of clubs into field of 3 people with
a 4 flush only***

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

ill post result in a bit-

thanx much
sly

thirddan
11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
as for betting a four flush into the field, i do it all the time, its usually for value, not as a semi-bluff...

I would probably fold your hand on the flop since UTG called, if he didn't call then i would be more likely to raise...

slydeni
11-03-2004, 09:19 PM
hmm--
yeah as for his "semi-bluff" i CAN see what yer saying about doing it for a 4 flush on flop with a pair and maybe some over cards...or at least something better than 83 suited. But this play on his part made me feel he was a bit on the reckless side.

So...on the next hand (the one i posted) i did not give credit for much. He had QQ and beat me.

thank you for the reply

sly

thirddan
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
obviously your hand is stronger if you have overcards or a pair plus the flush draw, but against 4/5 other players you are still betting your flush draw or value if you will be called by 2/3 of them...check out Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller for more info about playing your strong draws aggressively...

StellarWind
11-04-2004, 12:58 AM
I'm not interested in playing this hand when UTG+2 calls the flop. I'm already miles behind AA-99/AK/KQ in the SB. SB is also going to draw out on me quite frequently when he has overcards such as AQ. That's an awful lot of risk to assume. It will cost me 2.5 BB to call this hand down and draw to my two outs.

I can't afford to also payoff UTG+2 everytime he's called with a king, two, or slightly larger overpair. Maybe he's an idiot, but this is a hard flop to call a PFR with nothing.

StellarWind
11-04-2004, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah as for his "semi-bluff" i CAN see what yer saying about doing it for a 4 flush on flop with a pair and maybe some over cards...or at least something better than 83 suited. But this play on his part made me feel he was a bit on the reckless side.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I am first to act on the flop with a flush draw, I automatically click the bet button unless I have some very definite reason to do something else.

It really doesn't matter how many opponents I have. If two or more people call, that's good. If no one calls, that's good. If one person calls, I'll probably ask again on the turn.

If people watch my play and decide they have to pay me off because my flop bets don't mean anything ... that's beautiful.