PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing the signs?

soko
11-03-2004, 07:37 PM
I just started playing Party today and sat down with $25 at a .5/1 table in less than an hour I had busted out. Was I not paying attention to signs of strength from my opponents? I thought I had the best hand. Maybe it was just bad luck. Take a look.

1. -------------------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (18 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

2. -------------------------------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (16.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

3. ------------------------------

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (18 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

ThePimpulator
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Welcome /images/graemlins/smile.gif

For future reference, 0.5/1 hands belong in the micro stakes forum.

I cant argue with any of those hands. May be you just had an unfortunate session. Or may be there are others you are not posting that are a problem? Are these hands genuienly the hands you think are the issue? If so then I wouldnt worry just yet. See how you go for a few more sessions.

soko
11-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks, That was $18 out of my $25. I was sat in for roughly 50 hands so the rest of my money was gone from folding on the flop from the BB, SB and just not hitting anything on the flop. Discouraging when you lose your buy in and dont even win a hand /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

gaming_mouse
11-03-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, That was $18 out of my $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like those hands are just unlucky beats. Losing 25 BB (due to normal variance, rather than bad play) is not at all atypical. Quit for the day and cool off. If it keeps happening regularly, then you have something to worry about.

gm

huxbux
11-03-2004, 08:00 PM
These hands belong in the Microlimit Forum.

Hand 1: Lead out on the turn. Would you want to give a potential free card to a gutshot draw costing you this sizable pot?

Hand 2: Fine.

Hand 3: On occasion, you will be losing this pot to someone with a better kicker. Couldn't have played it differently though just because someone showed concern about their kicker after your 3-bet.

BTW, one 1-hour session with a 25BB downswing isn't anything all of us haven't experienced, and it's nothing to be concerned about. It's how you play each hand that you should be concerned about.

soko
11-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks again, I feel better.

The first hand opponent had TT, second hand he had KA and third hand he had AQ.

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum.

huxbux
11-03-2004, 08:13 PM
You should just be happy that these players saved you a few bets each hand with their passivity.