PDA

View Full Version : America's walk of shame

slickpoppa
11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
From a post on Craig's List:

The Country is bound for one LONG walk of shame. America, the once beautiful, is slowly making its way back to its apartment, still wearing last night's clothes. The country has sex hair, and can taste its own breath.
Yes, there's nothing like an election to make you feel cheap and used, and you just KNOW that W, much like the deranged Frat boy that he is, is high-fiving his buddies, retelling the story of how he [censored] the country so hard, and damned if he doesn't think that he could probably goad her into giving it up again, only next time he'll get her so drunk and confused he'll be able to take her in the ass.
We, the few, the proud, the 48%, sit here scratching our heads, considering our country for the naive sorority sister that it is. America, you knew better. You've seen him do this before. You've been this girl before. And you know he's [censored] Iraq right now. Doesn't that make you feel cheap? To Give yourself up this smug idiot when you know the whole time that he's sticking his dick where it OBVIOUSLY doesn't belong. Do you really think what you did was safe? I mean, we know outright that you didn't protect yourself last night.
But We have to bear in mind that last night was not a one shot job. He didn't slip the country a good old fashioned dose of ruhypnol and let her fall unknowingly into his arms. This time around there was no rape, no theft. No my friends, we've been watching this for months. Convincing her that he had her best interests in mind. Convincing her naive fly-over states that they might be the next ones to be targeted by terrorists (yeah Jim-Bob, because its your [censored] Walmart that Osama Bin Laden wants to blow sky high, because he "Hates Your Freedom". Right. And on that "Hating Democracy and Freedom" point, why have none of the neutral nations been attacked? just asking. but back to extended metaphor).
You should have listened to New York America. We were the ones hit hardest by 9/11. And we could have told you, in fact DID tell you all night last night as you were eyeing him across the room not to do it, that he was a prick and a liar, and would most likely just steal from your purse to buy some coke, [censored] you and leave you worse off than you already were. But like a woman with an abusive husband, America fell for the lies, fell for the promises that hings are going to get better, that he only abuses us because he really loves us (of God forbid, that Jesus told him to do it). America fell for the bullshit.
And now, she's on the way home. Sore, tired, and with considerably less self respect than she had yesterday.
I don't know what the future holds. but after a night like last night spent with a dirty prick like Him, you have no idea what manner of political genital warts you may have contracted, no idea what might be lying latent just waiting to pop up and threaten your safety, your way of life, your well being. I mean, there are plenty of other countries out there to start a war with! and I'm willing to bet that none of those we choose will be home to Osama Bin Laden (who was that again? oh yeah, the guy we were supposed to find 4 years ago. But again, I digress.)
So, my fellow Democrats, we weep. Let's be big about it though. It's over. Lets get back to watching him destroy the country, the economy, our status in the world, our Constitutional rights. Because in 4 years (Provided we're all still here) we can look all of our fellow Americans who just HAPPENED to have voted for him (because, like our slutty friends who take one night stands with abusive men, we can always forgive our fellow americans) in the face and say "Hey, I Told You So". Cold comfort, but the [censored] in me sees it as the best I can hope for right now.
And Shame on You America. You let yourself be used. Get your ass home, take a shower, and put on the hap-hap-happiest [censored] face you can. Cause Tomorrow you have to face the world, and they ALL know what you did last night.

eLROY
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
So what's the point of this stupid post which I didn't even finish? Self-absorbed vain people vote for Kerry?

When someone's life is so small that everything is a metaphor for "Sex and the City," that person should not even be allowed to vote.

Next thing we're going to have dogs posting, about how the war on terrorism is like a chew toy.

benfranklin
11-03-2004, 08:05 PM
That's the most moving and eloquent prose I've read since I was stuck in a long line at the supermarket and started browsing the tabloids at the check out.

At the risk of being as judgemental as the author, that sounds like the drug and alcohol induced ramblings of an immature spoiled brat who didn't get his way. An elitist liberal, firmly convinced that the vast majority of the great unwashed are too stupid to decide their own fate or that of their country.

Sorry, the system, with all its warts and flaws, worked. Over 100 million Americans made their wishes and beliefs known. The results were clear and conclusive. Even Kerry accepted the inevitable, and the accuracy of the outcome. And he was gracious in defeat. More, apparently, than the writer is capable of. You don't like the result, so you blame the process and insult the participants. Like it or not, the people have spoken. That's the way it works. Don't like it? Do something about it, don't whine like a pukey little kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.

Legal disclaimer: I am not a Republican, and I think Bush is a lightweight. I'm not always happy with decisions of the system, but the country it produces is certainly superior to that of the snobbish elitism of the writer's soul-mates in France and Germany.

Felix_Nietsche
11-03-2004, 08:05 PM
...so pompous and self absorbed? The American self-haters were dealt a huge loss this election.

They think themselves "open minded" and smart, while all Bush supporters are drooling-knuckle-dragging-neanderthals.

LOL....I love it.
Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black. They are so clueless.... Maybe after they keep losing elections they will finally look into the mirror.

My advice to any liberal who TRULY WANTS to understand why Kerry/Dascle lost, listen to the "enemy" such as Rush Limbaugh and the other conservative talk radio host for 6 weeks. If not, then keep living in that place called Dee-Nile....

PITTM
11-03-2004, 08:18 PM
what is the point of your post? people who disagree with bush hate america? great ridiculously stupid point...

rj

wacki
11-03-2004, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the most moving and eloquent prose I've read since I was stuck in a long line at the supermarket and started browsing the tabloids at the check out.

At the risk of being as judgemental as the author, that sounds like the drug and alcohol induced ramblings of an immature spoiled brat who didn't get his way. An elitist liberal, firmly convinced that the vast majority of the great unwashed are too stupid to decide their own fate or that of their country.

Sorry, the system, with all its warts and flaws, worked. Over 100 million Americans made their wishes and beliefs known. The results were clear and conclusive. Even Kerry accepted the inevitable, and the accuracy of the outcome. And he was gracious in defeat. More, apparently, than the writer is capable of. You don't like the result, so you blame the process and insult the participants. Like it or not, the people have spoken. That's the way it works. Don't like it? Do something about it, don't whine like a pukey little kid who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas.

Legal disclaimer: I am not a Republican, and I think Bush is a lightweight. I'm not always happy with decisions of the system, but the country it produces is certainly superior to that of the snobbish elitism of the writer's soul-mates in France and Germany.

[/ QUOTE ]

..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif I like your post.

Abednego
11-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Sounds like you're the one who believes in a lie ..... Now go on ...... get outta here you knucklehead ..... I mean it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

benfranklin
11-03-2004, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the point of your post? people who disagree with bush hate america? great ridiculously stupid point...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of his post, at the risk of putting words in his mouth, is that those who think that the common man is incapable of thinking for himself hate the American system.

The system is based on the assumption that each person is responsible for his own life, and that those people, working together, are capable of self-governing.

Some people, such as the author of the original post (who may or may not be the poster of the article), think that the average person is too incompetent to run his own life, let alone participate in making decisions about running the country. People like this (and like Al Gore, Joe Lieberman, Hillary Clinton, etc.) believe that the government, led by elitist such as themselves, must decide what is best for its citizens.

The author does not like the system and distrusts his fellow citizens, whom he sees as driven by ignorance and emotion. Maybe he will grown out of that.