PDA

View Full Version : Anybody 3-bet this river?

trumpman84
11-03-2004, 06:10 PM
He wasn't betting like he had QT (or any other flopped or turned full houses) so unless the two on the river tremendously helped his hand, I think my straight is good here. In other words, unless he limped UTG limped UTG with Q2 or called a turn raise with pocket 2's, I'm good here right?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.75 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>

meep_42
11-03-2004, 06:28 PM
3-bet, hope he caps. His stop on the turn convices me he doesn't have it, as you obviously have something and he's not willing to push you.

Also, i'd raise the flop for a free card on the turn, maybe shake loose some of the stragglers.

-d

trumpman84
11-03-2004, 06:35 PM
I think the possibility of being 3-bet is too great to raise for a free card...dont know..maybe I'm wrong. Plus I could possibly be drawing almost dead.

meep_42
11-03-2004, 06:40 PM
I think you're seeing monsters. The only hands you don't have a live draw to 8 outs are QQ, TT, and QT. QQ and TT would have raised pf.

The free card play doesn't need to work every time to be profitable. You have position and a good draw -- if he's just got a T or AJ or 99 or even AA, you've got tons of outs and the equity to raise this up.

If you get 3-bet, call and see what the river brings.

-d

DeuceKicker
11-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Why do you want to shake loose stragglers? You have no made hand to protect, and if you hit the straight you want as many to pay you off as possible

dfscott
11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm just calling the river raise. This looks like some kind of Q2 crap to me.

Entity
11-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Guys, we need to work on reading comprehension. He asked if we 3-bet the river; not the flop or turn.

I probably would, since I think you're up against 3 Q's, not a full house. It's close, though.

Rob

meep_42
11-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Well, i'd like something like 88 or 22 out of the pot. :P

It's mostly for the free card and to narrow the range of hands the bettor has, though.

-d

spacemonkey57
11-03-2004, 06:56 PM
It depends on the player. If he's just got three queens then why is he stopping on the turn and checkraising the river? Wouldn't he reraise the turn? Is he an idiot? It almost looks like he's going for the overcall.

I'd just call the river checkraise. I wouldn't be shocked to see TT, as not everybody will raise it preflop.

trumpman84
11-03-2004, 06:58 PM
I agree, that those hands probably aren't out there, but QT is a possibility.

Being 3-bet after a free card isn't a disaster if I had a clean 8 outs like you said (it'd be giving great value to my draw). But the King is a very questionable out as KQ is a likelihood, I only see 4 really clean outs.

Even then, this is the micro limits so Q8s UTG isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Dunno, maybe I'm just uncomfortable with raising draws that aren't to the nuts (or near nuts)

afk
11-03-2004, 07:00 PM
I'd probably 3bet the river.