PDA

View Full Version : What is a "Kill" in 7 Stud

12-03-2001, 01:47 PM
I've heard this term thrown around on the board but I would like someone to explain what a "Kill" means in 7 Stud.

thanks

Buster

12-03-2001, 06:03 PM
Hello, Buster,

"kill" comes into play only in high-low games.

If you are playing 7-card stud,and you happen to win with both your high hand and your low hand,then the betting doubles on the next round. If the betting increases by 50% instead of 100%,then you have a 1/2 kill game.

If you win both high and low ,you are said to "scoop" the pot.

So the "kill" comes into play after one "scoops" the pot.

Happy Pokering.

Sitting Bull

12-03-2001, 11:50 PM
A kill is a blind raise, and it can be used in any game, although I've only ever seen it used as part of the fundamental structure of a game in Omaha/Eight and Hold'em. The Omaha/Eight games in my local room are played with a 1/2 kill. Taking the $4/8 game as an example, if a player scoops a pot of $40 or more, he must kill the next pot. He posts a $6 blind (in addition to the $2 and $4 blind; if he is in the blind, he posts only the $6 blind) and the next hand is played $6/12. I have played hold'em with a kill in another room. At $5/10, if someone won a $100 pot, he posted $10 blind and the next hand was played at $10/20. Another way of using the kill at hold'em is to make someone kill after he has won two pots in a row. There may and may not be a requirement that the pots be of a given size.

There is a thread below (or above, depending on how you read this thing) about someone killing the pot every hand at seven card stud. This guy was raising every hand blind (and apparently playing every hand blind; this is not recommended procedure). This is the more general case of the kill. Hope this helps.