PDA

View Full Version : TT on the turn...

chaz64
11-03-2004, 04:58 PM
and not sure what to do with it...

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

No one drops out after my raise, but no 3-bet. Does BB have just overcards, or is he concerned that I have a better overpair than he does?

Turn: (12.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Am I behind BB, or has someone made their flush? I check because I may be behind and I doubt anyone will fold if they didn't fold to my flop raise, as the pot is fairly big. Or do you bet here, and fold to a raise?

River: (12.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Pot is too big for me not to call.

Thanks for any comments.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

davelin
11-03-2004, 05:05 PM
You have to bet that turn.

nyc999
11-03-2004, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
has someone made their flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to bet the turn for information. If check-raised by the BB, my guess would be he made it.

Aaron W.
11-03-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to bet the turn for information. If check-raised by the BB, my guess would be he made it.

[/ QUOTE ]

About betting the turn for "information". I don't know if this hand would qualify for that, because I don't think you're going to fold your overpair to the check-raise (plus you have an okay one card flush draw), and you're likely to call one bet on the river anyway (even if the overcard falls, because the pot is so big, unless things open up).

Betting/raising for information is only a good play if you get *USEFUL* information out of it. And *USEFUL* means that you can actually do something with it. There isn't much you can do here with the raise except call him down.

Betting on the turn is just a value bet. You're betting to get money from your overpair, and you're betting to drive opponents out to increase your equity on the dead money in the pot.

radek2166
11-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Bet the turn. Call down a raise. If I am on a stright or flush draw I get a hard on over you giveing me a free card.