PDA

View Full Version : SNG and tournament stat programs

DrPhysic
11-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Ok, It's time for the ol' Doc to start doing some proper record keeping. I have all my hand histories for the last three months. I have read some of the threads here and on books/software.

I used poker tracker's free version for a while early in the year. As advertized (by comments here and elsewhere), I was not terribly impressed by the application to SNGs or tournaments. I am aware that there are other options such as Poker Stat, and Stat King but know little about them.

What do you guys recommend? Have we reached a concensus as to what is the best software for SNG and tournament players?

TIA

Doc /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DrPhysic
11-04-2004, 10:37 AM
I really would like a little feedback on poker stat programs for SNGs before I jump in spending money.

Anybody have some experience here?

Tks,

Doc

tigerite
11-04-2004, 10:49 AM
I use Poker Office.

Phill S
11-04-2004, 11:07 AM
im sure you have, but ill reply here, and cos im too lazy to check...

you dropped this into multi table tourneys?

if a program works for multis itll be great for SnGs presumably.

much better than poker track that like you say is geared more for ring games from what i know about it.

Phill

DrPhysic
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Phill,

I have not, but I will do so. I put it here rather than books/software, because I am looking for an SNG answer. Tournament also, so you are right and I will post there.

It appears that Poker Office does not support Poker Stars.

I need a program that:
1. Supports both Party and Stars
2. Will automatically incorporate my e-mail hand histories and tournament histories into it's database.
3. Provides me with stats useful for SNG and Tournament play.
4. Provides data on how I have done with specific starting hands, preflop vs post flop, agressiveness, vs specific players, etc. Info that would help improve my game.

I probably don't know the right questions to ask here, as I know relatively little about these programs.

Thx,

Doc

tigerite
11-04-2004, 11:20 AM
You're right, it doesn't, sorry. Just party + skins, also it doesn't work fully with MTTs, it has limited support but that's all.

I do believe they are going to add Stars support at a later date, though.

eastbay
11-04-2004, 01:33 PM
PT recently improved the SnG support. They do ROI among other things now. I think it's the best you can do.

eastbay

DrPhysic
11-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks.

Doc

stupidsucker
11-04-2004, 03:09 PM
1. Supports both Party and Stars
PT
2. Will automatically incorporate my e-mail hand histories and tournament histories into it's database.
PT
3. Provides me with stats useful for SNG and Tournament play.
Most important stats for SnGs are ITM and RoI. PT recently added roi(THANK YOU) Almost all the information you need is there, but some of it is just harder to look for then others.
4. Provides data on how I have done with specific starting hands, preflop vs post flop, agressiveness, vs specific players, etc. Info that would help improve my game.
You can look at every single starting hand individualy and by blinds, and sepeate it by the amount of people in the hand.. All the info is here for you on PT.

What doesnt PT do?

RoR would be a good thing to add maybe and perhaps a better notes system(like they have been doing for ring) PT keeps getting better. You cant beat the support. Every 2-3 weeks there is a new, free, and better upgrade.

Yes PT is ring game oriented, but they add things for SnGs almost every patch. I am pleased with PT.

DrPhysic
11-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks, ss

Doc

Eder
11-04-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm using Pokerstat...I guess about the same as tracker...I get same info, but dont get finish results listed, so although I know my ROI with very good filtering I cant find out my order of finish...
Also there are seperate costs to use on Pstars or Party...which imo is a rip, as I'm turning into a bonus whore and am chasing bonuses at varios sites atm.
Havn't seen an upgrade in 6 months either.

ukgazz
11-07-2004, 08:45 AM
I have tried most of them and stick to PT as well.

Been using it for a good while now and I almost exclusively play sng's.It has certainly helped me..... well worth the investment.

UKGazz

DrPhysic
11-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I bought Poker Tracker yesterday.

Doc

t_perkin
11-07-2004, 07:11 PM
I haven't used poker tracker for 6 months or so and I don't have it installed on this computer.

Does it give you free access to all the Databases that it creates? if it does and people want some specific reports/stats then I expect I can knock up some SQL to pull out what you want pretty quickly.

Tim

rjb03
11-07-2004, 08:03 PM
I believe the databases lack password protection, so yes.

BradleyT
11-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Ya you can query them if you can figure out the bad table design of PT /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eastbay
11-08-2004, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't used poker tracker for 6 months or so and I don't have it installed on this computer.

Does it give you free access to all the Databases that it creates? if it does and people want some specific reports/stats then I expect I can knock up some SQL to pull out what you want pretty quickly.

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim,

Even a trivial example of how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I have tons of things I want to be able to access or derive, but I'm not a database guy, although I am a professional programmer.

A simple example would be enough to get me started.

eastbay

DaffyDuck
11-09-2004, 07:21 PM
There are 2 Poker Tracker databases, a stats DB and an hand history DB. They are in your pokertracker folder. You should use Windows explorer and make copies of them and then you can open one in Microsoft Access to work on.

To write a query, pick the query tab and select design a new query. I prefer to use design view and click the SQL button and write SQL directly. You can also use the wizard or the GUI to design queries.

Here is a query I wrote on the Hand History database to show me all hands on Pokerstars that I was all-in on. I also designed a report (pick the report tab) to format the output of this query in a nice readable report format. Hope this gets you started.

SELECT hand_histories.game_number, hand_histories.hand_history
FROM hand_histories
WHERE (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to ## and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ## to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ### to ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ### to #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ### to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises #### to #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises #### to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: raises ##### to ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets # and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets ## and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: bets ##### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls # and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls ## and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls ### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls #### and is all-in*"))
or (((hand_histories.hand_history) Like "*daffy duck 2: calls ##### and is all-in*"));