PDA

View Full Version : Books to get

toby
11-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I need to spend some more money on Amazon.com to get free shipping and figured I'd pick up another book. In the library now are SSH, S/S, HPFAP, Pot & No-limit Poker by Reuben and Ciaffone, and Caro's Book of Poker Tells, oh and also Winning Hold'em by Ken Warren.

I'm looking at Championship No-Limit and Pot-Limit by McEnvoy and Cloutier, or maybe preordering S/S 2. Also maybe Tournament Poker for adv. players by Sklansky.

Any reviews would be appreciated, I want something to elevate my game a little, not to re-read the basics, so more advanced stuff is preferable.

Robk
11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
hi toby,

you may find that your post about books receives more and more accurate responses in the "books and software forum".

my suggestion is to buy the theory of poker by david s. although TPFAP is also an excellent book if you are intersted in that area.

best of luck,
rob

namknils
11-03-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my suggestion is to buy the theory of poker by david s.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my suggestion too, it is a very good book, and advanced. It may be just what you are looking for.

Big Country
11-03-2004, 03:39 PM
I'll throw out another ringing endorsement for Theory of Poker.

based on your collection so far, this is a must have if you want to really step up your game.

toby
11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Good point about the "books & software" forum. I thought there was one, but then I saw the other "Books" link and it wasn't a forum. Tricky. I'll crosspost there.

Thanks for the recommendations so far,

-Toby