PDA

View Full Version : ATo in sb

molawn2mo
11-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

comments on all street welcome!

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 <font color="purple">(2+2er)</font> calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button <font color="purple">(BIG LAG!)</font> calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

my standard of play is to limp here.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, 2+2er checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">BIG LAG! bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, 2+2er calls, MP3 folds, BIG LAG! calls.

i feel like i have best hand and know, to a moral certainty, that LAG will not let this check around

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, 2+2er checks, <font color="CC3333">BIG LAG! bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, 2+2er folds, <font color="CC3333">BIG LAG! 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

similarly, LAG will bet and i make 2+2er call 2 cold and charge him for what looks like may be a gutshot

River: (12.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BIG LAG! checks.

what will he call with that i beat and i would hate to fold to a raise?

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

jordanx
11-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Erratic play by LAG.

He was probably on an open ender draw w/ the 10 and also maybe had two hearts or middle pair.

Looks good to me, after calling his 3-bet on the turn it's probably wise to check call the river.

Fat Nicky
11-03-2004, 05:21 PM
I wish every hand I played working out this perfectly.

Pre-flop: Completed the SB is standard.

Flop: Checking is fine. It worked out great that is got checked to LAG to allow you to think the field by raising and forcing them with 2 bets.

Turn: Again, a good call on predicting the LAG will bet.

River: After getting 3-bet on the turn, betting out is pretty reckless.

Evan
11-03-2004, 05:34 PM
I'd fold preflop. ATo out of position does not sound like fun to me, even for 1/2 a bet.

I don't like the check raise. For one thing that's a fun board for a lot of hands, if BB or UTG+1 open the betting then you're gonna be in an uncomfortable spot. Also, "BIG LAG" didn't seem to aggro preflop. I would thikn that if a "BIG LAG" had a hand that hit that board he would tend to raise it preflop. Given these 2 things, I'd just bet out thinking it was a value/semi-bluff bet.

I like the turn check raise if you really are confident in you're read. The double check-raise tends to work well on LAGs. I like amking the 2+2er call 2, but I doubt he had a gutshot (unless maybe it was JTs).

Once you're 3 bet I'm putting this guy on a big hand, maybe A3s?). I like your play to get to a cheap showdown. When he checks behind on the river I'm really confused.