PDA

View Full Version : It's your mess sir.

Toro
11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Ok I'll admit that this is a sour grapes post. I voted for "anybody but Bush" and he lost and I'm disappointed, but maybe it's better this way. The 2 issues in the campaign that concerned me were the War and the deficit. These are your messes Mr. Bush and now you're stuck with dealing with them.

For the sake of the country, I hope you're up to it.

cold_cash
11-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I hope so too, unfortunately I know he's not.

I'll see all you guys at basic training...

El Barto
11-03-2004, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2 issues in the campaign that concerned me were the War and the deficit. These are your messes Mr. Bush and now you're stuck with dealing with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some terrorists who started and contributed mightily to this "mess". Are you forgeting them?

pokerjo22
11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Ah yes, the Iraq-terrorist link.

West
11-03-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2 issues in the campaign that concerned me were the War and the deficit. These are your messes Mr. Bush and now you're stuck with dealing with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There are some terrorists who started and contributed mightily to this "mess". Are you forgeting them?

[/ QUOTE ]

The terrorists from Iraq? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Iraq was responsible for 9/11. I guess I just don't listen to Dick Cheney enough.

namknils
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you support the Iraq war when we were just getting ready to go? Most of America did. Kerry did.

vulturesrow
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying there were no links between Iraq and terrorists?

ThaSaltCracka
11-03-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying there were no links between Iraq and terrorists?

[/ QUOTE ]
well now there is.

However, there is no proof that AQ and Iraq were connected pre 9/11. The commision even found this.

Matty
11-03-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, there is no proof that AQ and Iraq were connected pre 9/11. The commision even found this.

[/ QUOTE ]But they were associated with some terrorists.

Never mind that America is too.

W00lygimp
11-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Salt i agree the connection wasn't as strong as the case was first made, but Osama and Hussein did know each other.
The main case for invasion was, what if Saddam gave Hussein some of his WMD capabilities (even though we didn't find any-- Just that possibility meant he had to be stopped otherwise we might face catastrophic consequences).

We are fighting terrorist insurgents in Iraq, some are former Bath members i know, but many are insurgents coming from foreign countries to fight the US.

It is also proven that Saddam funded families of PLO terrorists with millions.

vulturesrow
11-03-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That isnt what the commission said. Look it up. Also AQ doesnt equal all terrorists. Iraq had ties with terrorists before AQ came to the forefront.

ThaSaltCracka
11-03-2004, 01:32 PM
yes Iraq had ties with palestian islamic groups, in fact Saddam gave the families of suicide bombers money, but he supported them because he disliked Israel, not for religious reasons.

The most basic way I can put it, is if there was a case for going into Iraq, and that is a big if, then there is a case for going into nearly every single arab country.

nicky g
11-03-2004, 01:39 PM
"The most basic way I can put it, is if there was a case for going into Iraq, and that is a big if, then there is a case for going into nearly every single arab country.""

Don't put ideas in their heads.

Wake up CALL
11-03-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"The most basic way I can put it, is if there was a case for going into Iraq, and that is a big if, then there is a case for going into nearly every single arab country.""

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think there isn't already a list and in what order to take over the Arab states?

vulturesrow
11-03-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes Iraq had ties with palestian islamic groups, in fact Saddam gave the families of suicide bombers money, but he supported them because he disliked Israel, not for religious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was more than just Palestinians. so what if he did it because he didnt like Israel. Its still support of terrorism.

[ QUOTE ]
The most basic way I can put it, is if there was a case for going into Iraq, and that is a big if, then there is a case for going into nearly every single arab country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untrue. We still have other options with other countries. We were tapped out in Iraq. Diplomacy had failed, sanctions were a joke.

ThaSaltCracka
11-03-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think there isn't already a list and in what order to take over the Arab states?

[/ QUOTE ] this is part of the reason I didn't vote for him.

pokerjo22
11-03-2004, 04:49 PM
I was a big supporter of the Afghanistan war, but the whole Iraq thing, especially the 'shock and awe' part made me sick, even at the time. I just didn't think 'intelligence' was a good enough reason to go to war. I did, however, think that someone standing up and laughing and boasting about how he smashed two planes into your buildings was a good reason to go to war. Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind on that.

wayabvpar
11-03-2004, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Salt i agree the connection wasn't as strong as the case was first made, but Osama and Hussein did know each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is grounds for an invasion, the DoD better get ready to defend itself.

http://www.irak.pl/Stop/AlterGlobal/Rumsfeld-Hussein.jpg

Gamblor
11-03-2004, 04:56 PM
This post just goes to prove the old adage:

Intelligence is inversely proportional to looks.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-03-2004, 04:59 PM
she is hot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Abednego
11-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Iranian Islamafacist aggression against the U.S. preceded this picture. This was taken when Iraq was at war with Iran. What is wrong with the U.S. seeking a regional ally against a country that committed aggression against the U.S.? The Iranian Islamists asked for this. Here we have the "Saddam is a bastard but he's our bastard" sort of mentality. Well he quit being our bastard, the bastard. Now he thinks we are the bastards. But all we want is peace, the free flow of oil, an end to Islamafacist terrorism, the bastards, and democracy in the middle east. What is your point?

jdl22
11-03-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry they're already there.

Myles Zorro
11-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Let see now if Bush mister can double the deficit from 7.5 trillion it is now to 15 trillion in the next four yrs. The american dollar might be worth 5 cents by then compared to the URO

Jimbo
11-04-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let see now if Bush mister can double the deficit from 7.5 trillion it is now to 15 trillion in the next four yrs. The american dollar might be worth 5 cents by then compared to the URO

[/ QUOTE ]

No correlation of our deficit to the relative value of the dollar to the Euro. All you should concern yourself about is where your next beer is coming from and with whom your wife is cheating. Leave economics to the experts.

Jimbo

dana33
11-04-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll see all you guys at basic training...

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot to say "Haliburton!" and "No blood for oil!"

(And you forgot to mention that the only people advocating a draft are Democrats.)

SinCityGuy
11-04-2004, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why this urban legend continues to flourish.

Prior to our invasion of Iraq, Osama Bin Laden hated Sadaam Hussein and the Bath Party. He saw Sadaam's lavish lifestyle as a perversion.

Il_Mostro
11-04-2004, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sanctions were a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to the 2 million people, of which 1 million was children, who died as a result of them.