PDA

View Full Version : what is my move here?

joao_,martins
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
what is my move here?
11/03/04 11:21 AM Edit Reply Quote

10 player Sit-n-Go, 200+25. 1500 chips to start. i have 2200 with 6 players left and blinds 200/400.
UTG comes in for double the blind. He has been catching great hole cards all night and has always acted very fast with them, including aces twice.
MP calls the raise. MP once re-raised with pocket 2's.
I find 8c8d underneath. I just call, though thinking i had the best hand.
SB re-raises all-in for 1300 total, so 500 more to me. UTG and MP call, i also call.
Flop is 9c4c5s. UTG bets 400 into a 4300 pot and MP folds. I re-raise it to 900 all-in.
UTG flips over Ac5c and SB who is also all-in flips over AsKd.
Turn 3d
River 2s
I lose to runner runner for the wheel.
What my question is should i have gone all-in pre-flop after the first raise based on my read that i had the best hand? And i pretty much know the answer to this question, but should i have gone all-in after the second raise... since id be pot committed anyhow?

wjmooner
11-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Putting 800 into a pot of over 2400 with 1400 left in your stack and not considering yourself pot-committed is not very sound.

Easy all in or fold preflop, based on your read. Assuming you should usually be against two overs you probably want to push to try to get the hand heads up.

The flop is an easy all in obviously, since you should have been all in already and this is just about the best flop you could hope for without a set.

WJ

joao_,martins
11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
thank you for the comment. you are right thinking i was pot-committed after the first raise is an incorrect notion. maybe, i didnt explain myself well enough, but i meant id be pot committed after the SB all-in and the two calls in front. this would make the pot 4800 with me only having 900 left.
i do agree with you that it should have been an all-in or fold, based on my read after the first raise, because there be too many possible scary flops and a call pre-flop would mean i invested more than one-third of my chips.