PDA

View Full Version : $10+1 SNG Question

St8Gate
11-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Can anyone tell me what these numbers may mean please?
Out of 20 SNG's I finish 2 1st 4 2nd 4 3rd
2 4th
4 6th
2 7th
2 10th

Am I on the right track?

tigerite
11-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Sorry to say but 20 don't mean anything. You need to play more for a true picture, this is just a small sample.

SpeakEasy
11-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Keep playing, but early advice:
Tighten up in the early rounds. Most here would agree that there is NEVER a reason to go out 10th, 9th or 8th unless you get very unluck with KK or AA. Even with AA or KK early on, you can get away from these hands with discipline when you fall behind in multi-way pots.

I've found that my overall 1-table results greatly improved when I made a solemn vow to myself to never go out 10th-7th place. Just keep folding the early round junk. It often only takes about 20-30 hands to lose 2-4 players.

jakethebake
11-03-2004, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep playing, but early advice: Tighten up in the early rounds. Most here would agree that there is NEVER a reason to go out 10th, 9th or 8th unless you get very unluck with KK or AA. Even with AA or KK early on, you can get away from these hands with discipline when you fall behind in multi-way pots.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen! This is a lesson I'm still learning. I had AA or KK eight times last weekend and got cracked every time. Three of those got me knocked out in 9th place when they got cracked.

stlip
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
My AA on the first hand of a Party 10+1 got me knocked out (along with some other nutball) and since I was farther from the dealer than he was he was considered first to act and 10th place giving me 9th place. Oh joy that at least I didn't finish last!

Poetic justice -- I went immediately to another table and this one had a couple of lucky hands waiting for me and I finished 1st. So just as well I got out of that other game when I did. LOL

silversurfer
11-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Didn't bother to calculate your ROI, but like others have said, this sample size means nothing. If these are your first SnG's, then it's certainly a good start.

To add to Speakeasy's post (summed it up well); the 4 2nd's and 3rds: work on your HU/SH play. Shifting those places up one would obviously help your ROI /images/graemlins/cool.gif