PDA

View Full Version : Bunky goes a chasing in a big pot.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Ever get stuck in a pot cause its so huge? Today I did , and props go out to Ed Miller on this one. I'm abou thalf way through the book but I sure read this section.

Pokerworld 2/4 Limit HE

Bunky has A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB.
5 limpers to Bunky, Bunky raises, BB three bets (he has a hand) all limpers cold call the 2 bets. 7 to the flop for 3 bets each.

Flop $42.00 K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Bunky checks, BB bets, 4 calls back to Bunky, I just call to close the action.

Turn ($56.00) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Bunky checks, BB bets, 3 calls this time, I just call again hoping to catch my 3 outer to the nuts getting hella odds to chase it.

River $76.00) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (lets get nasty)
Bunky checks, BB bets, 2 calls, Bunky check raises, BB three bets, other players now fold, Bunky caps, BB calls.

Thanks Ed. -1755BB downstreak in a week has been reversed.

I really feel like I shoulda raised in there somewhere, but I couldn't pull the trigger again, It just felt right to call. Oh well, maybe I'm getting weak passive in my old age.

bakku
11-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Hi Gregg,

Man oh man you've been gone from limit poker for way too long.

Ever get stuck in a pot cause its so huge? Today I did , and props go out to Ed Miller on this one. I'm abou thalf way through the book but I sure read this section.

You had odds the whole way, folding at any point would be ridiculous.

I just call again hoping to catch my 3 outer to the nuts getting hella odds to chase it.

Hmm, that sure is some fuzzy math /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really feel like I shoulda raised in there somewhere, but I couldn't pull the trigger again, It just felt right to call. Oh well, maybe I'm getting weak passive in my old age.

C'mon Gregg, you have A-high on a board that has both a K and a J against a tight 3-better.

Well played hand. Sounds like the old Bunky is on his way back!

Festus22
11-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Looks pretty rountine.

Where and why could you have raised the flop or turn?

PS: Thanks for the reply to my Psycho post.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just call again hoping to catch my 3 outer to the nuts getting hella odds to chase it.

Hmm, that sure is some fuzzy math

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats about the extent of it. I knew it was big and I knew it was better than 11:1 so I called. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon Gregg, you have A-high on a board that has both a K and a J against a tight 3-better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Monster hand huh? I actually had to use my left hand to drag my right hand away from clicking the bet/raise button. /images/graemlins/grin.gif That's the old Bunky.

[ QUOTE ]
You had odds the whole way, folding at any point would be ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know. For me it just feels so wrong to call, call , call even though I know its the right thing to do.

[ QUOTE ]
Man oh man you've been gone from limit poker for way too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concurr. My bankroll is healthy, but I'm working back into up to 5-10 and some 10-20 just to get back in the swing. Besides, my rakeback deal is like another paycheck so it'll have to do for now.

MAxx
11-03-2004, 10:13 AM
i enjoy reading your posts cuzz it sounds like you are always on the verge of breaking out nasty medival on someone. (sometimes b4 you make your hand)

not that others dont do this too, just like the way you set it up

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i enjoy reading your posts cuzz it sounds like you are always on the verge of breaking out nasty medival on someone. (sometimes b4 you make your hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw shucks. thanks Maxx. I try to keep them entertaining. Not just the same old crap.

[ QUOTE ]
not that others dont do this too, just like the way you set it up

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'll try to keep them coming.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Well obviuosly I had the mortal lock nuts, but villian flips KK and me the bird. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

beginner
11-03-2004, 01:35 PM
On flop you have 17% chance to make your straight by river. With 6 people in (including you) you do have the odds to raise here, but it may backfire if BB 3-bets right behind you and some or all of the others fold.

I think your call was correct here.

Haupt_234
11-03-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-1755BB downstreak in a week has been reversed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough swing bunky. How do you deal with such swings?

Haupt_234

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 02:17 PM
obviously a typo but it was -175 BB though. Was a big roller coaster, down -175BB in a week and got it all back in like 4 nights of playing. Sick swings shorthanded, especially as aggressive as I am. I did have a very nice 4 handed table for about 1.5 hours with 3 weak tight players who never made the adjustment from full ring starting hand requirements. Like taking candy from a baby.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I didn't want to blow anyone out here, I needed more $$ in for the odds and with my call closing the action, I decided not to reopen the betting, I knew BB was strong. I also knew If I hit the T I would get seriously paid off. I had pot odds a lone not even counting implied odds.

VBM
11-03-2004, 02:23 PM
well-played. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

arkady
11-03-2004, 02:49 PM
so what are you saying Bunky, if it wasn't for Ed - you actually would NOT call that? Oh ty ty ED! You are the GREATEST.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Not necessarily. But it was just ironic that I read that chapter of the book that morning before that session. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wise guy. But I like that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

arkady
11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
i want to have ed's love child. he is a poker messiah.

Entity
11-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm curious: with 7 to the flop, would capping preflop be sheer insanity? You're probably behind BB, but probably ahead of everyone else. Comments?

stir
11-03-2004, 03:25 PM
aggresive yes, insanity no, IMO.

Would like to read some input on this. Agree, probably only behind BB. Would this scenario fit to ssh section where he discusses building pots before the flop? - haven't read that section in awhile.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 04:07 PM
capping for value? Not against this guy.I put him on a big hand possibly dominating the hell out of me. Specifically a big pair.

When the flop came down, it kinda played itself.

I had fantastic positon on the raiser and he could not protect his hand at all.

Entity
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
capping for value? Not against this guy.I put him on a big hand possibly dominating the hell out of me. Specifically a big pair.

When the flop came down, it kinda played itself.

I had fantastic positon on the raiser and he could not protect his hand at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bunky,

Against one person who dominates the hell out of you (AKs, AKo, AA, KK, QQ) and 5 others with random hands, you've got 17% equity. Against KK specifically (no way you can narrow it down to that) you've got 19%. I know the equity argument isn't always great because it considers that you'll see every hand to the river, blah blah, but isn't 17% high enough here? If it isn't, I'm cool with that. Just wondering (I'm a micro player who has wandered his way up to 2/4 recently).

Maybe I'm taking the idea too far; I remember reading it from SSH where he talks about capping with AJs, which seemed insane to me (pp281, and the scenarios are reasonably different, but in that one you're facing a LRR in a LAG game).

Rob

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Nice job on the math. You could make a case for it. But I'm not sure how random the hands are, a lot of my outs are locked up in other hands most likely. Hard for me to make a decision to cap w/AQs there against a BB who is tight with his 3 bets. Actually KK was the best hand he could have against me aside from JJ for his 3 bet standards.

My default there is to just call. I'll take further initiative on the flop when warranted when i can calculate my odds /equity a little better.

Victor
11-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Bunky,

Well played on all streets except preflop. You gotta cap the bitch here man. Even if you are agains AA you are still making money with the cap against your fishie friends.