PDA

View Full Version : QJo on button, highly coordinated board vs many limpers, many errors

House-Lion
11-03-2004, 07:20 AM
I think many if not all of the limpers in front of me are on the loose side with vp$ip of +30% or maybe way more.

I am pretty sure I played the whole hand real bad.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: House-Lion is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, House-Lion calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, House-Lion calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">House-Lion raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, House-Lion calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

House-Lion
11-03-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm sorry I cant give you any speciffic reads, I was somewhat new to the table, other than many of the participants, (the limpers just infront of me) busted out or left shortly after. However they seemed on the loose side.

private joker
11-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Actually, it looks fine to me. I must be making several errors as well.

Preflop: Limping with QJo is okay against loose players, and given that you're on the button against three limpers, it doesn't seem like raising has a huge advantage to limping.

Flop: If he's got a king, you have 5 outs to trips or 2 pair, plus a backdoor straight draw. 7:1, with a couple potential callers behind you, is plenty. A raise might give you a better idea of how he feels about his hand, but if you sense that he's ahead, a call works.

Turn is standard.

River: Ouch. Counterfeit. But go ahead and call for one more BB. I doubt he called your turn raise without a K, so there aren't many hands you beat. But if he had a weaker Q and thought you raised with a pair of jacks you snagged on the turn, he'll bet into you on the river. Getting 14.5:1, you must call.

Danenania
11-03-2004, 07:47 AM
I'd be raising the flop since I have odds to call, can clear out the field, and can use my raise to take either a free card on the turn or a free showdown.

The way you played it, the turn is standard. The river is tough. An unknown I'd call but I could fold with a read. Note JT is a legitimate possibility.

House-Lion
11-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Its the part of either raising or just calling the flop I am most curious about.

I kind of decided to take the weaker line of just calling the flop based on my feel that raising wouldn't really protect my hand here nor give me a free-card. Ofcourse then raising would jam the pot a bit more, hence maybe giving me some value since I figured most would call again but then I turn the whole hand into a shoot-out and someone might still get the correct odds to call on the turn and I will have little idea about where I stand.

chesspain
11-03-2004, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be raising the flop since I have odds to call, can clear out the field, and can use my raise to take either a free card on the turn or a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

With only MP/decent kicker, a very weak backdoor str8 draw, and facing a bet (that doesn't look like a flop steal) and a call on a K-high board, I don't have a huge problem with calling this flop and waiting to see what the turn brings.

Danenania
11-03-2004, 09:21 AM
"Ofcourse then raising would jam the pot a bit more, hence maybe giving me some value since I figured most would call again but then I turn the whole hand into a shoot-out and someone might still get the correct odds to call on the turn and I will have little idea about where I stand."

I'm not quite sure what you mean by all this, but I think you are making the situation more complex than it really is.

Danenania
11-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Yeah, calling isn't that bad by any means, but with the added benefits of raising why not raise? This might just be me, but generally in spots like this where I'm in position and have people to act behind me in a small-medium sized pot, I'm either raising or folding.