PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these two calls

mackthefork
11-03-2004, 06:51 AM
I would appreciate some feedback on these two calls in the same hand, I didn't have a player specific read, but believed I had a generic read, I specifically put my opponent on AK JJ TT or 99.

Game was 2+2 euro SNG, 11 players left 6 at my table, blinds are 50/100

UTG folds, UTG+1 (1700) raises to 500, I (3100) have JJ and call, all others fold (pot 1150)

Flop Qx 5c 6c

UTG+1 pushes his last 1200, I think for a while then call.

Opinions appreciated.

Regards Mack

tigerite
11-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Push preflop.

mackthefork
11-03-2004, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that it, jacks are that easy, this must be where i have been going wrong. Anything else.

Regards Mack

betgo
11-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Jacks 6-handed are pretty much like queens 10-handed.

SmileyEH
11-03-2004, 10:36 AM
With those stack sizes I think its a fairly straightforward push preflop.

Call on the flop will probably be good enough of the time.

-SmileyEH

SpeakEasy
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I agree with the push pre-flop, especially if you are going to call his all-in re-raise. Why? Because he might fold to your all-in raise and you win a nice 650 pot. If he does call in 6-handed play, there is a good chance you want that call because you have the best hand.

Pre-flop all-in gives you two ways to win: (1) 650 pot uncontested or (2) 2350 pot contested. Your play only gives you one way to win. This advice also is supported by two additional factors: (1) your read of his hand (you are ahead or tied), and (2) you have him covered and put his full stack in jeopardy.

mackthefork
11-03-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop all-in gives you two ways to win: (1) 650 pot uncontested or (2) 2350 pot contested. Your play only gives you one way to win. This advice also is supported by two additional factors: (1) your read of his hand (you are ahead or tied), and (2) you have him covered and put his full stack in jeopardy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm listening, but I think if you consider carefully, the chances of making him fold this are close to zero, even though he must know he is behind, he is getting 2-1 on his call of my push. I'm not trying to justify the call or saying its correct but your second reason is redundant in my opinion, though your first reason is very relevant.

Do people feel my position is irrelevant here?

Regards Mack

tigerite
11-03-2004, 12:37 PM
You'd be surprised, actually, some people WILL fold if they think they are behind despite the pot odds (and correctly) because they don't want a coinflip situation. However, with the odds of 2-to-1 he probably would call, yes. I wouldn't push this preflop with 8 or more players, but when it's down to 6, as another poster said, JJ is just TOO strong to limp and you should pressure the other guy. Put the decision on him, rather than yourself on the flop, as happened. He'd probably decided he was going to push whatever the flop came.

Ah, and if you'd re-raised all-in over the top with 3 still to act, that would scream "monster" at him. Especially if one or more had a bigger/equal stack to you.

Bigwig
11-03-2004, 02:32 PM
I would push preflop as well.