PDA

View Full Version : What is your line in this hand?

RustedCorpse
11-03-2004, 04:29 AM
I hope/think this is a rather intresting hand...

I have 200 Hands of history on the Button(he's LA-P by bison bison autorate), he's been at the table for five hands folded all of them.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Should I have bet out the turn? Maybe folded? Thoughts?

River: (19.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.25 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

BottlesOf
11-03-2004, 04:35 AM
I don't know what the [censored] a LA-P is, I'll assume it means he's loose-aggressive. Yeah I bet the turn, other than that, looks coo.

RustedCorpse
11-03-2004, 04:35 AM
OK folded was a moronic comment, but should have bet out for the counterfiet? I really have a hard time knowing when I counter someone very annoying.

Shillx
11-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Yeah bet the turn and if raised again then just call down from there unless something wild happens on the river.

Evan
11-03-2004, 04:53 AM
First I'd like to start with your read. I know he's LA but in my experience a cap in this spot means a good hand. Sure it'll be nothing once in a while, but most often you're up against a big one (good think you have kings /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Well you got a crappy flop since one of the hands you hoped he had just became a monster and left you with 2 outs. Obviously you need to bet here. Button raises, how surprising.

So should you 3 bet the flop...well what hands can we put the button on? based on the preflop action let's go with AA-JJ (maybe TT), AKs, AQs and AK. After the flop raise we can probably narrow that down a bit by taking out JJ. So we have AA, QQ, TT, AKs/o, AQs. You're behind a lot of the time but I think in this case you actually will gain some information form a 3 bet (although I usually hate the idea of betting for information). So we got our info, he likes his hand.

So what are his likely hands now...AA, QQ, TT, AKh, AQs.

Let's do a little math now:
6 ways to make AA
3 ways to make QQ and TT
Obviously only 1 way to make AKh
3 ways to make AQs

So you're only ahead of 4/16 times
When you're behind you have 2 outs in each case.

At this point you have to start looking at your odds in terms of getting to a showdown. You're getting 19.5-1 immediately but you're likely going to have to pay 2 more BB to see a showdown. There are 10 BB in the pot now (10.25 actually, but 10 is easier and account for rake I guess /images/graemlins/smile.gif). There will likely be at least 3 more BB put in by your opponents and you'll have to put in 2 more yourself. So that gives you 6-1 to see a showdown.

I decided (an I use that term loosely) that you're good 25% of the time after the flop so a calldown would seem in order.

BottlesOf
11-03-2004, 05:33 AM
I'm pretty delerious, I'm not sure if betting the turn makes much sense anymore.

Either way, I say ni han, sorry you didn't win, you probably played it fine.

Evan
11-03-2004, 05:39 AM
i don't understand a turn bet myself. I think calling down is the way to go since getting raised on the turn would majorly suck. Look at my post, tell me what you think.

sfer
11-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Shaun, these things don't have rote answers. Sometimes you bet the turn, sometimes you check call. There are preflop LAGs, postflop LAGs, utter maniacs, and guys that PT caught for 100 hands while they tilted off 50 BBs.

meep_42
11-03-2004, 12:53 PM
I like how you played it. You bet into the PF capper and he took it and capped the flop himself. That's not the mark of AK or JJ here. You're way behind TT/QQ/AA here, and KK is unlikely, I like the way ahead/way behind line of calling down.

-d