PDA

View Full Version : Slow play/induce bluff?

TripleH68
11-03-2004, 03:19 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Villain is tricky player, not necessarily good. In the last orbit he limped in late position with 75off, called a flop raise and rivered a straight. I think I can induce a bluff here if he has no ace...

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets or checks?

MHarris
11-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Heads up, I like betting here. He may raise the flop with any two trying to represent an ace, or if he has a decent ace (AJ, AT), he'll pop you on the turn. Against some players I'd check-call the flop and c/r the turn, but I'd have to expect villain here to not fold to the turn c/r.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-03-2004, 11:10 AM
betting is underrated.

Danenania
11-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Checking here, besides giving up value, is like screaming SET at the top of your lungs.

bunky9590
11-03-2004, 11:26 AM
yeah, Bunky like betting, but raising is much more fun than betting , as is three betting his inevitable checkraise on this flop. But I've been in a smooth call the flop checkraise , pop their @$$ on the turn kinda mood lately.

Just my .02

Fat Nicky
11-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Is 3-betting from the SB a good move against a tricky player considering you will be out of position the rest of the hand?

Octopus
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is 3-betting from the SB a good move against a tricky player considering you will be out of position the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasons to raise:
1) Isolate against the possible steal.
2) Punish the possible steal. (We are probably ahead at this point.)
3) Make CO think twice before stealing in the future (assuming he is paying attention).
4) Set up a re-steal on the flop.

It is this last that makes me want to bet out this flop. Checking smells like a set (or top pair with a nut flush draw).

jordanx
11-03-2004, 04:24 PM
I'd bet it. If he has an ace he might raise, giving you the turn check raise.

beginner
11-03-2004, 04:42 PM
I'd check/call flop, check/raise river... He likely has something like AK and will bet into you... Betting the flop will fold any lower pocket pair... I think if you check, any Ace or QQ or KK will bet into you...

My reasoning is: if he does not bet into you after you check the flop then he has no hand, and he will probably fold to your flop bet anyway...

easypete
11-03-2004, 04:44 PM
I bet out here and call a raise. If you c/r at any point in this hand, you will force your opponent to slowdown.

If your opponent raises, I might bet at anything on the turn. I think you'll have a good chance at a turn raise, especially if the villain holds an ace.

TripleH68
11-03-2004, 07:13 PM
I bet the flop. Villain folded. Obviously he had no ace. I was likely way, way ahead...which led to the post. Just wondering if there is any merit at all to toying with the villain. he he.

As for 3-betting preflop, hells yes. I am obviously tight and I have grown to hate being pushed around in the blinds.