PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bush supporters--The African American Vote

BottlesOf
11-03-2004, 02:49 AM
I am not trying to imply anything here, I'm just curious as to how you guys respond to this, or if it's even something you think about.

CBS just said that the African American vote went 90% for Kerry and 10% for Bush.

How do we explain this? Maybe it isn't meaningful, and maybe there's a very reasonable explanation, but I'm curious what people's thoughts are.

W00lygimp
11-03-2004, 02:50 AM
I respect African Americans, if they wanna vote for Kerry thats their right.

BottlesOf
11-03-2004, 02:51 AM
That's fine, I guess. Does anyone think about this a little more?

ohiou
11-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Go Steelers

BottlesOf
11-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Dude, I'm not a Pats fan--I hate the Pats. Let's not hijack this thread.

<font color="green"> GANG GREEN 12-4 </font>

GWB
11-03-2004, 02:58 AM
I think it is an improvement over last time.

You should see some of the reprehensible advertising that is directed at the African American community by liberal groups. If you believed it you would think the KKK and the Nazis were actively running this country.

namknils
11-03-2004, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is an improvement over last time.

You should see some of the reprehensible advertising that is directed at the African American community by liberal groups. If you believed it you would think the KKK and the Nazis were actively running this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I recall maybe a month ago hearing a radio add that was aired in Michigan (Detroit area I think). This add was clearly aiming directly at the African American population and it was full of lies about racism and keeping the blacks down.

I don't have the script of this add, and I don't really care to think about it right now, because it is not important anymore, other than that it shouldn't happen again.

I will add that this was paid for by a group supporting Kerry, not the actual Kerry Camp. Although some Bush supporters were wondering why Kerry wasn't speaking out against this add, because they were demanding Bush speak out against the Swift boats at the time.

sameoldsht
11-03-2004, 03:10 AM
This is preplexing since, in 1964, 92%of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act while only 62% of Democrats voted for it. One in three Democrats voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act.

Very proud, the Democrats are, for supporting Civil Rights, even though history shows they are full of sh!t.

FYI...Text of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/laws/majorlaw/civilr19.htm)

BottlesOf
11-03-2004, 03:13 AM
You know the Democrats of 1964 belonged to a totally different party, right? They still had plenty of "Southern Democrats," including racists.

Your comment seems to convey a lack of knowledge about the history of the American party system.

craig r
11-03-2004, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hat's fine, I guess. Does anyone think about this a little more?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! When I saw this I thought about Mr. Garrison on SouthPark. Where some kid answers a question really dumb like and Garrison says, "Good. Now how about an answer from someone who is not a complete retard."

cold_cash
11-03-2004, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is preplexing since, in 1964, 92%of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act while only 62% of Democrats voted for it. One in three Democrats voted AGAINST the Civil Rights Act.

Very proud, the Democrats are, for supporting Civil Rights, even though history shows they are full of sh!t.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the most stupid and deliberately mis-leading things I've ever read. Sameold, you've got a real future in politics.