PDA

View Full Version : Middle Pair against 2 LAGs

Fat Nicky
11-03-2004, 02:23 AM
BB is LAG
UTG is LAG

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

private joker
11-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Looks good to me. 1/4 of the time you'll be shown a weak ace and lose, but 3/4 of the time you'll probably have the best hand. If they're LAG and didn't show any aggression throughout the entire hand, chances are your hand is good. My only caveat is that if you've projected an image of being a TAG, then they may have like AT or A9 and never raise your bets for fear of AK or AQ.

Danenania
11-03-2004, 07:29 AM
I wouldn't be raising here preflop. If I thought I could get the BB out preflop then get UTG to fold a lot of flops for a bet then I might consider it, but that's not even close to the case.

I like the flop and turn bets, but since you say both your opponents are lag I might check/call on the river. Between them they will probably bet more hands that you beat than they will call with.

Fat Nicky
11-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. Anyone else think I should just call from the SB here instead of raising to knock out the BB? I am guessing I chose the wrong type of player to try this against. If the BB was tight, is the raise more justifiable???

Chris Daddy Cool
11-03-2004, 11:13 AM
the thing about raising this preflop against a loag is that you'll be out of position the whole hand against two players, as it's very probable bb won't fold because he's loose. i typically wouldn't make this raise preflop.

but it does look like your hand is good here most of the time. if these guys are lag, they certainly would have done more than just call-call-call if they had an ace.

Michael Davis
11-03-2004, 11:17 AM
I think your postflop play is good, but I think this closer to a fold than a raise preflop.

-Michael