PDA

View Full Version : $5 - $10 stud structure??

11-20-2001, 09:08 PM
I have been playing stud for about a year on-line at paradise at the .50-1.00 all way up to the 4-8 games. I have also done very well in the spread limit games ( 1-3 and 1-5 ) on the east coast and vegas. I would like to graduate to the 5.00-10.00 games at both foxwoods and A.C.

My question is:

What is the structure of these games?

Specifically; what is the ante?

Is the low card a forced bet? And if so what is the low-card bring in? What is the first raise to?

And anything that may be different from the spread limit games I am used to playing. I am not really looking for advice on the difference of play, but more interested in the technical aspects of the game that may differ from spread limit.

Thanks in advance,

Steven James

11-21-2001, 12:23 AM
I don't play in the Northeast, so things may be different there, but 5/10 is usually the same structure as the Paradise 4/8 (.50 ante, $2 bring-in) except that the full bet size on the first two rounds is $5 rather than $4, and the bet on the last three rounds is $10. So if you've played Paradise 4/8 it's pretty much the same thing.

A real cardroom may also allow unlimited raising when you're heads up, and/or have a 5-bet cap rather than a 4-bet cap.

11-21-2001, 02:32 AM
Steven,

Foxwoods ( and Mohegan ) the $5-10 games have a 50 cent ante and a two dollar bring in. Standard structured betting.

There is a 3 raise maximum unless you are heads-up. Heads up is unlimited.

Later,

CJ