PDA

View Full Version : My best poker play ever

11-20-2001, 08:29 PM
This occured on PP, 5-10 Omaha 8 game. Comments on my play please.

I am in the cut off seat, with Ah29hQ. All fold to me and I open raise. The button and the big blind call, pot is 3 handed.

Flop comes 3 9 T rainbow. BB checks, I bet my mediocre holding as a semi-bluff, button raises, BB folds. I don't know enough about the raiser to be certain, but what could he raise with?

Wrap around straight draw he would want to keep players in, and would likely smooth call as he would scoop a high % of the time. No low hand is going to raise needing runner runner, and no flush/low combination is possible. I call as I have pot equity.

Turn is a second Ten, board is now 3 9 T T still rainbow. Boom, I bet out with basically nothing. I decided the hand that the raiser has is either a set (mathmatically 3's are most likely) or he had a two-way hand that is now dead if it didn't include a set. Either way, I bet to convince him I had just filled up. I want him to believe he is drawing thin or dead.

After thinking for several seconds he/she mucked.

A9

11-21-2001, 05:16 AM
Sounds like the button had an overpair with a low draw or weak straight draw. Something like A2JJ or AKQQ could be played like this.

Nice play.

11-25-2001, 11:06 PM
Nice hand. It is good to see an interesting hand discussed where the pot wasn't huge. It is also neat to see someone buy a pot, or pretty much buy a pot at 08. Hands that don't get shown down are damn rare.

--

Will in New Haven