PDA

View Full Version : PStars 10+1 Rebuy...

grouchie
11-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Playing in my first online rebuy tournament.
As of right now I'm used to playing regular freezout tourneys and Was curious if anyone can give me any advice on playing this tournament, especially up until the first break.

I'm assuming I'll be running into a lot of maniac play during this first hour, and not exactly sure how I'll combat that yet.

Chief911
11-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Grouchie,

Good luck tonight its a fun tournament. I dont change how I play much, except I'll do more trapping and calling down then punching the river with big hands.

Search the forum for discussion of rebuy tournament strategy, and you'll find several posts full of information.

Good luck tonight!

Nick

11-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Welcome to my favorite tourney on the internet. Don't let the maniacs change your play. Good luck

Gavin Griffin

ClaytonN
11-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Couple questions, Gavin:

How much money do you regularly put into an $11 rebuy?

How many chips do you look to have after the first break? (look, not hope /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

grouchie
11-03-2004, 12:22 AM
well, i was prepared to spend 50 in this tournament and after the addon only spent 40 (41 actually).
My only problem was that I didn't catch very many hands and when I did, My catch wasn't as good.
Got beat out once by a flush on the river and lost to an ace rag because of the ace overcard.

Oh well, cannot complain.
Sitting near 5000 chips at the break which is a lot less than I was hoping for, but now that the real poker is going to begin hopefully I can play smart and build up some good chips.
Chip leader has about 40000 which is friggin nuts and the average stack is nearing 8000. So, I definately have some work ahead of me.

The most amusing part of the whole tournament so far is that with all of the wild calls and multi-all-in's, I once raised preflop to 200 with AK and everyone folded. I chuckled.

On to the real poker.
I'm sure no one is interested, but I'll probably post little updates anyways since this is the biggest tourney I've ever participated in (payout wise)

Chief911
11-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Grouchie,

How'd you end up? Dont worry about the 5k starting post rebuy. Many of the times I've done well in that tourney I go in with 5k.

Nick