PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Two Pair Question

MattyGee
11-02-2004, 10:58 PM
i had bottom two pair on the flop when i had a huge stack against a player that i didnt want to give any chips to. he called to the river then moved all in when the board showed a backdoor flush opertunity.the board at the end was 5h 2s kh 10s 9s i had 5 2 offsuited . the all in was 500 the pot was about 300 and my stack was about 2000. i was stuck! WHAT DO YOU DO?
Call or Not?

MattyGee
11-02-2004, 11:29 PM
i think that you should call

Masquerade
11-03-2004, 06:10 AM
If you have a huge stack and dont want to give him any chips then raise him allin on the flop! Why let him get to river.

Stupendous_Man
11-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Based on what you said, I agree with Masquerade. Make him make the wrong call if he wants to chase the backdoor flush. Otherwise, you find yourself in this situation... where you went from a big favorite to questioning whether you should even stay in the hand.

ofcrtville
11-03-2004, 05:12 PM
I agree with the previous 2 .... you should have made your move on the flop. but since you didnt. In your postiton i personally would have looked seriously at him making a flush, odds say if he was holding 2 spades he had a roughly 16 to 1 chance of making a flush flop to finish. I get burned by this all the time, it is my downfall i never notice the flush until the chips go his way. i have learned if i make 2 pair on the flop by pairing the 2 cards in my hand it is best to make a move then and prepare of a decision on the turn if need be. But 300 in 500 to go you might as well have paid of information or payed for his chips. How did the hand pay go ... did you fold or call, win or lose?

MattyGee
11-03-2004, 09:10 PM
i lost he showed dowm the flush, so yea i did make the mistake of not making him pay for the backdoor flush draw. i understand now what the mistake was. but yea i did call him after a lot of thought and i was sadly dissapointed...
Thank you for you reply on my post /images/graemlins/smile.gif!