PDA

View Full Version : The move to 3/6..

11-02-2004, 10:15 PM
I've been beating party's 2/4 game for over 3bb/100 hands (4 tabling) for the last 30,000 hands.

I'm considering stepping up to 3/6. For all those that have made this jump, how much did your bb/100 hands suffer (if at all), initially from the change?

MAxx
11-02-2004, 10:44 PM
DO IT.

Hermlord
11-02-2004, 10:48 PM
No numbers, but in my mind they're equal. Maybe 3/6 is a bit more LAG, especially pf. The only reason I don't play 3/6 exclusively is my bankroll (looking to change that soon...) Just make sure you can handle the higher variance that LAG implies.

JimRivett
11-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Most will agree that the 2/4 Party games are much softer than the 3/6 games. The 3/6 games usually contain a higher percentage of better players, who are more agressive than those in the 2/4 games.

Personally I think if you are multitabling (4) then the 2/4 game could quite easily be more profitable, especially if can maintain 3+bb/100 hands.

I made a post over the weekend which posed the same question. Some of the responses were of the effect that to become a better player you have to play in bigger games. Now in my case I've played (live) much, much higher than 3/6, and I'll let into a little secret, some of the bigger (again live) games have a higher degree of poor players in them, than some of the lower mid limit games!

Jim

Nutz&Boltz
11-02-2004, 11:26 PM
I recently made the move your talking about. I have found the 3/6 to be more profitable. I switched I table at a time until I was playing 4-3/6 tables. It took me many adjustments, but any solid player will be able to figure those out. Good luck.

brandon
11-02-2004, 11:34 PM
I like party 3/6 way better than the 2/4

daveymck
11-03-2004, 10:34 AM
I think most people miltitabling at their current limit would be more profitable generally than if they move up.

But it depends on aims and reasons for playing etc. If its your sole income you may be more hesitant to move up. But if not and you have the bankroll then an initial (potentially) hourly rate to me is not a reason not to move.

For all everyone says one limit is similar to another on Party they are not there is new stringsa to add to your bow as you move up, varied strategies, blind defence, more agressive players etc etc. If you want to become better I beleive moving higher is the way to go.

joseki
11-03-2004, 11:58 AM
If you think it's close, a rake rebate deal with an affiliate may make up the difference. I recently signed up under an Empire affiliate and am making over 0.6BB/100 from that alone.

Jeff W
11-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Be prepared to face much tougher opposition at $3/$6. $3/$6 is 15% tighter and 15% more aggressive pre flop than $2/$4 and there is a large population of TAGs and rocks at all hours.

It's tough to say because of the variance in win rates, but I believe that the profitability of $2/$4 is very similar to $3/$6 when you 4-table. My winrate dropped 1.5 BB/100 from $2/$4 to $3/$6. That being said, you should move up to $3/$6 when you have the confidence and the bankroll to do so and determine for yourself if it is more profitable.