PDA

View Full Version : Flopping trips 3 handed.

zephed56
11-02-2004, 09:42 PM
No reads on opponents (only a few hands observed), new to table.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 2.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 3 BB. </font>

Henke
11-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Calling would probably be fine here, but either way, you will probably not win a huge pot (unless you happen to be against K4, K3 r K2). Most ppl are scared of flops like this, so even if you call, you might not be able to collect any bets on the turn.

But remember to try to bluff-raise these guys in similar situations...

ChessMan
11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
I think calling is best. Your hand is not vulnerable. According to SSH that means you can afford to encourage your opponents to stay in the hand. If an A comes on the turn, SB might bet, and you can raise then. An A /images/graemlins/heart.gif would be sweet.

Calling is probably more profitable and raising on the turn is better than raising on the flop, when you are not vulnerable.

zephed56
11-03-2004, 12:11 AM
I kind of got over eager. I really can't reason why I raised.
If he does have a K, I'm probably screwed...
If he doesn't, he knows I do.
I'm kicking myself, I have to work on thinking more than "trying" to be more aggressive.

the_rookie
11-03-2004, 01:10 AM
No reason to raise here, slowplay it and make some more of this player.