PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical 3/6 Situation - King High Flush

augie00
11-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Super-loose 3/6 full table game. You're in the BB with the K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Three EP limpers, SB completes, and you check, $15 in pot. The flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, giving you the 2nd nut flush. SB bets out, action is to you. What would you do, assuming:

A) Nobody else has flopped a flush
B) If you raise, everyone will fold except for the A of spades or a set.

I've got reasons to do both actions, but is there a precise, mathmatical solution to this problem?

private joker
11-02-2004, 07:32 PM
In this situation, I would call, hoping to get overcalls on the flop. Then I would raise the turn whether it was a spade or not. If I get reraised on a turn /images/graemlins/spade.gif, then I'm worried about the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif because few people would 3-bet with a Q-high one-card flush. Just call down. But raising the flop and forcing the rest of the field to cold-call 2 bets is not maximizing the profit you're getting from an awesome flop. Since the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif won't fold to your raise anyway, go for overcalls.

If it's raised behind you on the flop, then reraise. If it's capped, you're up against the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif for sure. Beware of a 4th spade coming on the turn or river. Otherwise, ram and jam baby.

chesspain
11-02-2004, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If it's raised behind you on the flop, then reraise. If it's capped, you're up against the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't rush to judgement...opponent could easily have a set here.

augie00
11-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Bump for more opinions

The raise on the turn just SCREAMS flush.