PDA

View Full Version : VP$IP stats

J LU
11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Does it make sense that my VP$IP stats are higher for 1/2 tables than 2/4. I've found that 1/2 tables generally have less pre flop raises, giving you more opportunities to play more marginal hands that would be mucked vs. a raise, ie A/10 offsuit can be limped in with instead of mucked against a raise. Also, with more multiple called pots (family pots), you get proper pot odds to limp in with suited connectors and small pocket pairs for cheap.

Is my rationalisation for my high stats on 1/2 tables (aprox 30%) vs my closer to 22% on 2/4 tables appropriate given the table enviroments.

Fire away! Thanks

davelin
11-02-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it make sense that my VP$IP stats are higher for 1/2 tables than 2/4. I've found that 1/2 tables generally have less pre flop raises, giving you more opportunities to play more marginal hands that would be mucked vs. a raise, ie A/10 offsuit can be limped in with instead of mucked against a raise. Also, with more multiple called pots (family pots), you get proper pot odds to limp in with suited connectors and small pocket pairs for cheap.

Is my rationalisation for my high stats on 1/2 tables (aprox 30%) vs my closer to 22% on 2/4 tables appropriate given the table enviroments.

Fire away! Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...sure. That said (sample size, etc) 30% is a pretty high VP$P for 1/2.

Xiphoid
11-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I'd say 30% is high as well.

My VPIP was lower in 1-2 than in .50-1.00 and 2-4. Maybe it was just me, but I found a lot of PF raising there, mainly due to the many rocks that would fold around to a raiser.