PDA

View Full Version : KJs #2 - lots of mistakes I think

Ritter
11-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Again, no reads on active players...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

1) Is the PF call ok? Anybody fold here?
2) Do I have enough equity to a) lead at the flop or b) having checked 3-bet?
3) Obviously should have capped the turn...NSWIWT - maybe to CR the river if no pair.
4) Gotta call the river right? Anybody raise? Anybody fold?

GrekeHaus
11-02-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This call is perfectly fine. You're already in for half a bet, you have a strong suited hand and there is a multiway pot brewing.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can probably lead out here. You have a very strong draw and the pot is large.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Obviously should have capped the turn...NSWIWT - maybe to CR the river if no pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that is your biggest mistake. You have almost the nuts. Do be behind, he'd need to have Ax of diamonds here. If he doesn't have at least two pair, he's drawing dead. Capping here will likely get you the same (or more) bets than waiting until the river for a check-raise.
[ QUOTE ]
4) Gotta call the river right? Anybody raise? Anybody fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
No way you fold. If you had capped the turn and been raised, then you should definitely call as you were clearly representing the flush and now he's representing a boat. As it is, there's no way you can fold for one tiny little bet. The pot is just way to big. The choice is calling or raising.

Lost Wages
11-02-2004, 07:04 PM

Borderline. Since MP3 open raised, he could have a wider range of hands.

Oh yea. Do whatever you think will get the most money in the pot. With 12 outs just for the flush + gutshot, you are only 1.2:1 against completing by the river. A king may win it for you too.

3) Obviously should have capped the turn

Yup.

4) Gotta call the river right?/Anybody fold?

/images/graemlins/mad.gif You no post, one week.

Anybody raise?

I would raise if I had failed to cap the turn.

Lost Wages

eh923
11-02-2004, 07:09 PM
1. That's an easy call from the SB with a large suited hand.
2. I'd lead this flop, hoping the BB would call, and then the PF raiser would bump it up. You have a very strong hand w/ 2nd nut draw, a gutshot straight, and 2 non-ace overcards.
3. Yeah, cap it. (but what is "NSWIWT"?)
4. If I find out that you fold a hand like this on the river, I'm going to drive up to Chicago and shake some sense into you. You must at least call. I don't have the nerve to lead into the guy or check-raise in this spot though.

Ritter
11-02-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/mad.gif You no post, one week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh...you funny... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

helpmeout
11-02-2004, 07:19 PM
1. Easy call this isnt marginal
2. Bet the flop
3. Cap the turn
4. Bet the river, call if he raises.

Ritter
11-02-2004, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. If I find out that you fold a hand like this on the river, I'm going to drive up to Chicago and shake some sense into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh - don't worry guys - I called, and will again...TT boohoohoo

[ QUOTE ]
(but what is "NSWIWT"?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not
Sure
What
I
Was
Thinking

(scary what you find in old hand histories - "did someone hijack my computer? - I don't play like that")