PDA

View Full Version : Howard Lederer's Secrets of No Limit Hold 'Em

banditdad
11-02-2004, 03:45 PM
This is being offered on Pay Per View. Is it worth the $9.95? I can Tivo it and save it but will I learn from it or is it like Hellmuth's book, more entertainment than real value?

PuckNPoker
11-02-2004, 04:47 PM
It is very basic. And rather boring, if you are new then I would recommend it. His 2nd one is much better, imho (MORE secrets..)

deacsoft
11-02-2004, 08:33 PM
I picked up the two DVDs for about $20.00 each. If you can rent it off T.V. and Tivo it then you're clearly getting 50% off. Go for it. As stated, the first is okay the second is much better.

DonkeyKong
11-03-2004, 12:46 PM
I am a fan of Lederer but the first one is outright bad...

The second one is better. There are some good pointers but it seems to be just a random collection of thoughts and doesn't really go over the fundamentals in a logical way.

The second one is worth watching. The first one is useless - his pre-flop strategy in the first one is really dumbed-down.

deacsoft
11-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Just remember that it does not take much to turn these DVDs into +EV. At $9.95 how much do you need to learn to make it worth that. You could pick up one concept and it may save you a bet or two every time you play for the rest of your life. That sounds like it could be worth more than $9.95.

I have spent over $500 on poker books, videos, DVDs, and magazines over the last year. They have all paid for themselves many times over.