PDA

View Full Version : Transatlantic Cup

ClaytonN
11-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Prima Poker announced today another must-see event being held during the Monte Carlo Millions -- The Transatlantic Poker Cup. For the first time in history, four of the top poker players from Europe and the U.S. will square off in a no-limit Texas Hold'em battle to settle once and for all, which side of the pond plays the best hand of poker. The world-famous Hendon Mob, comprised of Barny Boatman, Ram Vaswani, Joe Beevers and Ross Boatman will represent the UK and will face down four of the best U.S. players in poker history: Phil Ivey, Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson and John Juanda. The Transatlantic Poker Cup will be televised at a future date.

"The Hendon Mob has so far taken on the best 4-man poker teams from Australia, France and Ireland and has beaten every one of them," said Barny Boatman of The Hendon Mob. "Now we're ready for the greatest test of all as we take on America's finest for $100,000 in the first ever Transatlantic Poker Cup. To those who are predicting a massacre I say: 'Don't write the Americans off; I hear they can play a bit too!'"

_____

Even though Prima is evil in the actual poker room department, I'm definitely gonna keep a lookout for this one. I wonder what the format will be?