PDA

View Full Version : Some i fear bad played hands...

Akimka
11-02-2004, 03:12 PM
First TPTK feels resistance

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (15.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Hand #2

Pocket pair in overcard board - may be too agressive?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Henke
11-02-2004, 03:23 PM
First hand: I would consider betting out on the flop, hoping that CO would raise.

Second hand: Bet the turn. This is a strong drawing-board, there's no guarantee that someone has a K just because they are calling you on the flop. If you're raised, you can probably fold.

Yobz
11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
You like check-raising, don't ya? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would bet out on the turn in hand #2

ggano
11-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Hand #1 seems fine. I like the C/R, because if CO has AK then he'll probably bet but not raise. Overall he'll raise with the hands you're afraid of but just call with the hands you're ahead of.

Hand #2, I wouldn't cap it PF. If you could trap more people for another bet it would be fine, but you've only got one extra guy coming along. Flop and River are fine, I'd bet the turn.

jluker7
11-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Hand 1: I love the call and, check raise on turn. Only question I have is were you planning on doing it if the ace didn't hit.. Because I thought that was the plan in general.

Second hand: Dont cap out of position vs the 3 better.
If overcards come your first to act every round...

Decent flop, alot of draws. Good bet, once again sucks to be out of position.

Turn check is weak, the best card in the world comes and you check.

River is simple after it was check around. If you bet turn and they both called I might check river. Depending on the players.
If they idiots then im betting vs them.

Henke
11-02-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Second hand: Dont cap out of position vs the 3 better.
If overcards come your first to act every round...

[/ QUOTE ]

Been thinking a bit about this, and if it's a tight reraiser, I agree... But for the reason that you might go for a checkraise if no overcards come. But if it's a loose raiser, and you're planning to bet out on the flop even if an overcard comes, why not cap? (And would going for the checkraise against a tight rerasier and no overcards be correct?)

jluker7
11-02-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(And would going for the checkraise against a tight rerasier and no overcards be correct?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this depends completly on oppenent. If I know my oppenent always bets the flop after 3 betting then I might go for a check raise. But I think 90% of the time betting out is probably better. I dont want to give a freecard is the reason I bet out.. I would have to see check check check, and a queen or an ace comes on turn.