PDA

View Full Version : QQ, can I fold this at any point?

ode
11-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.50 BB, between UTG, Hero and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (21.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has 4s Js (three of a kind, fours).
Hero has Qh Qs (two pair, queens and fours).
CO has 7c 2c (two pair, fours and twos).
Outcome: UTG wins 21.50 BB. </font>

Only reads I have is that table is fishy and I can't seem to win with anything /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe not cap preflop? Maybe not cap flop?

/ode

Jonny Melon
11-02-2004, 01:29 PM
You played this fine. As a rule, once you cap the flop with an overpair, you are generally committed to showdown for 2 more BBs. The pot is just too big at that point.

I hope to god you weren't even considering folding on the turn with the flush draw and 2 clean queen outs. But you're likely behind once you are bet into, so getting the CO to overcall is a good strategy.

Fat Nicky
11-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Cap pre-flop is fine.
Cap flop is fine.
Calling turn 3rd nut flush draw is fine.
Calling river w/overpair in huge pot is fine.

No problems here.

StellarWind
11-02-2004, 03:58 PM
This is fine. I put UTG on a likely flush draw when he 3-bets the flop, so the multiway cap is fine.

Of course the turn that completes both the flush and the OESD is extremely upsetting. But you have many outs so you cannot even consider folding. Then it must be worth another BB to showdown the overpair just in case something is up.