PDA

View Full Version : Playing when someone has been disconnected

captZEEbo1
11-02-2004, 01:01 PM
I remember being in a 30 person tournament and it got down to final 3, and someone got disconnected. In fact, it was the chipleader (had had over 10k in chips, I had like 3k, and other guy had like 1.5k). Has anyone every made a deal with the other guy to try and go through as many hands as possible where we just fold whatever we have if we're on the button, sb steal from disconnected bb. Next hand button folds, sb folds to bb. We got the guy to go through about 12k in blinds lol. I was in the "good" spot (to the right of the guy disconnected), so I made out like a bandit. Man that guy survived like 4 automatic (3-way) allins, it was ridiculous, but we eventually got him.

Is this considered cheating? I did this in one random sng too.

When it's not 3 handed (where I can make a deal) I usually end up being way too aggressive when the disconnected guy is on sb or bb and end up getting called by a marginal hand and I get busted out.

MrX
11-02-2004, 01:24 PM
It is collusion to make that agreement. You should be able to make out like a bandit without making the agreement.

KenProspero
11-02-2004, 01:31 PM
I asked the same question a few weeks ago.

The consensus, I think, is that you can't say anything (i.e., formally agree).

However, if you just call, and the other person does the same without making a formal agreement, you're probably on the right side of the line.

I guess it's kind of like the situation where one person has gone all-in, and two others have called, creating a dry side pot. I think everyone would agree that tacitly colluding (Lee Jones' term in LLHE??) and not betting is ok, formally agreeing isn't.

RavenJackson
11-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I was recently in a 10+1 SnG where I disconnected with 6 people left. I had an average stack. I could not log back on and went to bed. In the morning I was surprised to find out that I finished ITM [3rd]. Not sure what happened, but that was a nice surprise.

Bigwig
11-02-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was recently in a 10+1 SnG where I disconnected with 6 people left. I had an average stack. I could not log back on and went to bed. In the morning I was surprised to find out that I finished ITM [3rd]. Not sure what happened, but that was a nice surprise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. This happened to me once in my dial-up days at Golden Palace. I was in the money, but super short stacked in 3rd. I think I had something like 800 chips after losing a big all-in, and the blinds were 300/600, and the other two stacks were about equal at around 9000 each. I couldn't get back on for an hour and found out I had finished 2nd!

Somebody got a little foolish.

jakethebake
11-02-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh. This happened to me once in my dial-up days at Golden Palace. I was in the money, but super short stacked in 3rd. I think I had something like 800 chips after losing a big all-in, and the blinds were 300/600, and the other two stacks were about equal at around 9000 each. I couldn't get back on for an hour and found out I had finished 2nd!

Somebody got a little foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]
A little? That's hilarious! The people on dial up that disconnect every other hand drive me nuts. Seriosuly slows down the game. I say they should give them 5 secs if they disconnect. If they disconnect more than twice in a 5 min period they get automatically folded whenever they disconnect with no time.

Phill S
11-03-2004, 08:44 AM
is 30 seconds really too long to wait?

are you that impatient?

and by the way, 5 seconds, how fast have you seen a modem dial in before????

Phill

jakethebake
11-03-2004, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and by the way, 5 seconds, how fast have you seen a modem dial in before????

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]
That's my point. The rest of us shouldn't have to wait for them to redial. Why would you play for monbey on a crappy, unreliable dial-up connection anyway? It's stupid.

Phill S
11-04-2004, 11:34 AM
i cant get broadband in my student accomodation till january. i know many areas cant get broadband at all.

are you telling me to stop playing poker because im on dial up? is my or others money not good enough to play at your table???

jesus, get a grip, if you can wait 30 seconds max, then play two tables or more. its like people who berrate me because i take more than 5 seconds to call someones all in with 57s on pot odds when im top stack. or when i ponder for a while then fold. despite what the WPT shows, its not all about show and image establishment (although hands up, i do take 10 seconds to make a rather 'good' fold with 'top pair weak kicker' when ive stabbed at the pot and someones come over the top)

ill leave you with thought to ponder. if they time out everyother hand, is this not positive to you, especially come bubble time. do you see????

Phill