PDA

View Full Version : Going For A Check Raise

banditdad
11-02-2004, 12:57 PM
UTG is loose and has bet out on the river a number of times to try and buy the pot. I tried for a check raise and he just checked. Should I have just bet it out or was it worth taking the chance on a c/r?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

daveymck
11-02-2004, 01:13 PM
SHould really be in Micro.

I value bet the river, we have led the agression all the way (and with the flop three bet) I cant see him taking a shot at this one.

Might be worth it if you think he was drawing and missed and is going to fold anyway but I dont see that here.

NateDog
11-02-2004, 08:47 PM
When the blank hits the river, I don't think I'd have tried a C/R. If you lead out and he calls you gain 1 BB, raises you can re-raise for 3 BB's. C/R gets you 0 (like this hand) or 2 BB's.

bakku
11-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Bet. .5/1 goes in the micro forum