PDA

View Full Version : JTs - another mess of a hand.

Fat Nicky
11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Sorry bout posting so many hands this morning. I just feel like I burned off so many bets last night.

BB is a slight LAG
UTG is LAG pre-flop, passive flop and beyond
MP is LAG.

Ultimate Bet 5/10 (6 handed)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG raises, MP calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls

**Thin call pre-flop, or ok??

Flop: <font color="red">10 SB</font> (5 players) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB/UTG/MP all call.

Raise or call flop?

Turn: <font color="red">9 BB</font> (4 players) 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to hero, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Bet or take free card?

River: <font color="red">15 BB</font> (4 players) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
everyone checks

Final Pot: 15 BB

DougThor
11-02-2004, 01:35 PM
preflop - I might have liked to see one more caller in between to make that cold call but I think it was ok, esp. if he was LAG.

Flop - Think it's a good value/free card raise here. Only 6 clean outs though.

Turn - Think I would have done the same as you but not sure if that's right. You raised for the free card and you probably should have taken it??? Not sure. Like to hear what others think.

Bob T.
11-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I probably would have wanted one or two more coldcallers, before I would consider getting involved here.

I like the flop raise, but the ten on the turn is a problem. I think that the decision between the free card and betting the turn is pretty close, but I suspect that I may still be drawing, so I think I will take the free card.

Very curious that the river got checked through after a turn checkraise, no matter what the result, I think I have to make some notes this hand.

pokerkai
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Thin preflop call, flop raise is standard.

BB bet into the preflop raiser probably in hopes of a raise to kill the field. He again tries to kill the field with a check raise on the turn. I put him on an ace, and take the turn free card and dont really expect my hand to be good on the check through.

joseki
11-02-2004, 03:03 PM
I'll go out on a limb here and say the pre-flop call was not great.

I wonder why you raised the flop if you weren't going to take the free card? It seems very very likely that you are still behind after the turn. If you check the turn they'll most likely put you on a flush draw and somebody may bet into you if you hit your straight or trip T's. You could also think about bluffing the river if a club hits.

Fat Nicky
11-02-2004, 05:00 PM
This hand illustrates to me how 1 mistake can compound to many mistakes and many lost bets that could have been saved. I totally agree that this pre-flop raise is definitly thin as I should not have been in the hand in the first place.

Another point is, even though the T improved my hand, I was in fact still drawing as Bob T. said, so the correct play would have been to take the free card instead of betting into 3 opponents leaving myself open for a check-raise.

Results:
BB had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 10/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG had Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
MP had 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif to take down the pot