PDA

View Full Version : Bet the turn??

Fat Nicky
11-02-2004, 11:42 AM
I always seem to struggle in these situations, checked to me by more than one player on flop and turn with overcards, no one has shown aggressiveness but myself.

UTG is LAG.
BB is TA-N.

Ultimate Bet 5/10 (10 handed)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 4 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: <font color="red">8 SB</font> (4 players) 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
checked to hero, hero bets, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: <font color="red">11 SB</font> (3 players) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to hero, Hero ?????

justin
11-02-2004, 11:51 AM
i'd bet the turn. ITs a harmless card to you. If anything the only caller u will get is bb with bottom pair or a flush draw will call you. You can then obviously check through the river with ur ace. Also its easy to fold to a raise on turn because your not getting odds to draw to ur overs

bdk3clash
11-02-2004, 12:04 PM
I would bet this turn as well and plan on checking behind on the river unimproved.

I think it's actually close on whether to call or not if he gets checkraised. He'd be getting 8.5:1 or even 10.5:1 to call with 6 outs to the best two-pair. Obviously, that isn't helping against 7x.

I'd think UTG (a loose, aggressive player) would have raised with AT or even QT preflop, and if BB (tight, aggressive) had either of them I doubt he would just check-call with top pair on the flop.

If someone has a 7, you're hosed but I think it would be reasonable to expect a loose-aggressive player to go ahead and bet out second player on the flop. I can think of hands a tight-aggressive player calls out of the BB with a 7.

Anyway, the A/images/graemlins/club.gif and Q/images/graemlins/club.gif are probably not the greatest cards on the river, I suppose. But if you bet the turn and don't get checkraised, I'd have to think the non-/images/graemlins/club.gif Aces and Queens likely make you good, and a you might be bluffing the turn with the best hand anyway.

If you get checkraised on the turn, I'd probably call the checkraise and fold the river unimproved.

molawn2mo
11-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Must bet to charge the flush drawer. BB should have a T (or better) to continue. When BB folds, pot may look too small for UTG1 to continue without a T.

These are always difficult. SB folding earlier makes this an easier decision, I think.

IF BB and/or UTG1 call the turn, it's an easy check fold the river unimproved and bet out if you spike your 6 outs.

I'm out of there on a turn raise, though.

molawn2mo
11-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Betting the turn forces BB (TA-N) to [censored] or get off the pot and without a T or 7 (yikes) he ought fold. BB folding ought cause UTG1 (LAG) to muck his flush draw (yeah, right) and only continue with T or 7. He will call with a T. He will call or raise with a 7. In any event, I think I'm outta there if BB continues. The combination of the flush draw, T and 7 for BB is too much for my tainted 6 river outs.

I think that you are right, bdk, that BB (TA-N) would not call the turn but, rather, would raise (sticking it to UTG1) or fold. BB raising sends me a-packin' but maybe I'm weak here?

Jonny Melon
11-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Easy bet. The 7 is actually a better card for you than, say,a K or a club. You'll pick it up right here often enough.

I'd lay it down on a C/R, personally, although it's close.