PDA

View Full Version : Questionable play out of the BB

phillydilly
11-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Every time something good happened in this hand, it brought bad with it...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Ok, questionable call, but i'm getting over 12 to 1 to flop a flush draw or miracle...

Flop: (14.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Top pair, weak kick, big reversed implied odds
Probably the flop i loose the most money on, do i bet out?

Turn: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

hit two pair, but the flush is now out there, hate to see the raise, but i do have outs to the full house

River: (15.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

should i have bet out? after getting raised with the 3 flush, i dont see a bet and possible raise working out that well...

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Fiddler
11-02-2004, 12:01 PM
I think calling PF when you close the action on that pot is fine.

I would never bet out on that flop... 6 players to act after you, one of them a PF-raiser and two to a flush on the board. Scary. The turn bet looks ok after everyone ignored the flop and you improved. I would guess that UTG is holding a high heart after his raise, AK with the ace of hearts maybe (but that guess is based on his checking the river). From his point of view it cleans up his outs so he won't split the pot and anyone else with a high heart will probably call the raise and put more money in the pot.

Since you showed that the river is checked through I think you won this pot but I wouldn't want to bet out either.